Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Grant

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I would so appreciate if someone could lend me their advise.

I completed an undergraduate degree in 2005 and from 2005-2011 I was in full time employment. Since January 2012, I have been on sick leave from work. I was paid full salary for six months and then on to half pay and I also received Illness Benefit after the 6 months period. I will be terminating my contract with my employer next month as I am not fit to return to this job.

I have decided that if I am well enough in 2013 I will apply to do a HDIP in Primary education.

My dilemma is ; am I entitled to apply for any mature student funding/grants? I am living independantly, I am 28 years old and as you can imagine, I would struggle to pay bills etc without the necessary help.

Many thanks in advance. Glimmernettle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You can apply to get a grant towards fees only. They will give you 2000 or 6270 towards fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glimmernettle

Thanks for your response Mango Salsa. Any idea on how I go about this?

Thanks Glimmernettle x:)

Thanks for your response Mango Salsa. Any idea on how I go about this?

Thanks Glimmernettle x:)

Lots of information at www.studentfinance.ie

apply at

https://www.grantsonline.ie/eseries/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RodgerDodger

You can apply to get a grant towards fees only. They will give you 2000 or 6270 towards fees

Is fees only the same as Maintenance Grant?

Is fees only the same as Maintenance Grant?

No.

You don't get a maintenance grant for a postgrad course. You get a fee grant.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 ryanmj

If you will be claiming social welfare between now and when you return to college, you can get the BTEA to do a High Dip, provided you have only an undergraduate degree.

Advertisement