Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get xbox live?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Rigt guys sorry for being so clueless but ive never played gaming online and everyone seems to be doing/talking anout it lately with some games being made purposely for online gaming!

Basically we have no internet in the house at the moment as my laptop broke last year so just using billpay iphones for facebook browsing etc so cancelled my 3 dongle

But i have a xbox 360 and want to get into online gaming but dont have a clue

What briadband will i get?

What speed needed?

How is xbox connected to broadband?

Is there an xbox live membership fee?

Can i move the xbox to different rooms or will i have to pick a designated room for the broadband xbox connection!

Thanks a mill guys for any help youll give and try make it as simple as possible thanks:)

P.s id prefer my broadband to be vodafone as my iphone contract is with them and thInk the house phone is with them too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What briadband will i get? Whatever broadband is the best you can afford and get in. Personally I have UPC. But as long it's a proper broadband you should be grand. You mentioned Vodafone, they'll be fine. Stay away from the dongles.

What speed needed? I would say you need at least 3 meg broadband

How is xbox connected to broadband? The Xbox can be connected wireless or wired. If you have the older model of 360 then you will have to buy an adapter for wireless connection.

Is there an xbox live membership fee? Yes. Last I checked you can generally pick up a year's membership for about €35

Can i move the xbox to different rooms or will i have to pick a designated room for the broadband xbox connection! This depends a lot on the broadband you get and how you connect the xbox.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Thanks for reply orim!

So my first step would be to stay away from dongles and get vodafone to install broadband and take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Thanks for reply orim!

So my first step would be to stay away from dongles and get vodafone to install broadband and take it from there

Yup. Once you have the broadband in you'll have a better idea of how best to connect the xbox

Advertisement