Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter seeds

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I recently bought one of those polythene greenhouses and was hoping to propagate a few bits over the winter.

I was hoping to do a few perienials maybe or some bedding plants etc.. I don't really want to do any veg.

Can anyone tell me what plants are suitable for seeding now in sep oct and over the winter. Or have I missed the season and am I better waiting till next spring?

Most seed packets I look at say sow in march apr or some time in the new year. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

yeah best wait until March or April for most plants.

You could start off some sweet pea now. I sowed mine last october and had great plants this summer. They'll overwinter just mfinr in teh polythene greenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CelticH

Thanks!

Pity I left it so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

CelticH wrote: »
    Thanks!

Pity I left it so late.

You didn't... Your very early !!
    Now you get to sit down and trawl over the seed catelogues and have them bought to go in the spring...

Advertisement