Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric car Thurles

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Electric Car Ambassador In Thurles

ECar Ambassador Olivia O Brien is pictured with John Mc Sweeney Head of Innovation at ESB.

Published on Tuesday 25 September 2012 20:21

Olivia O’Brien, a Science teacher in Presentation Secondary School Thurles, has just received her electric car. She is taking part in the ESB ecar Great Electric Drive trial. Olivia is the lucky recipient of a Mitsubishi I-Miev and will be driving it for the next 3 months.

Olivia has previously mentored students in the Young Scientist competition and last May, mentored a team that won the SEAI ‘One Good Idea’ competition promoting the use of electric cars.

In June, ESB launched a competition to become an Ecar Ambassador and drive an electric car for up to a year. The hugely positive response of more than 12,000 applicants, highlights the level of interest the general public have in this innovative, driving technology. Nineteen people and two companies were selected to participate in the year-long trial. Watch out for the ecar in the Thurles area.

Nothing personal against the driver idk it probably wasn't her fault but I got stuck behind that fecking thing the other day. If this is the future of motoring then lets all invest in bicycles because it is much faster.

Shame on the ESB for wasting money on these stupid charge points when they go unused in most towns. I will probably be dead before the oil runs out so I will go on with my Opel Vectra and not go around travelling with a solar panel on my head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

chris2008x wrote: »
    Nothing personal against the driver idk it probably wasn't her fault but I got stuck behind that fecking thing the other day. If this is the future of motoring then lets all invest in bicycles because it is much faster.

Shame on the ESB for wasting money on these stupid charge points when they go unused in most towns. I will probably be dead before the oil runs out so I will go on with my Opel Vectra and not go around travelling with a solar panel on my head.
    Might not be the car,maybe Olivia is just a slow driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

chris2008x wrote: »

have you considered that the esb were put under presure from the government ( the main share holder ) or more specifically the greens to
    go down that road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

where are the charging points in thurles? as for the car, it will run - at the proper speed limits - perfectly properly in any urban area, the same as mine or your car.

i hope you're not one of those 40mph/60kph merchants who do that speed no matter where they are, not one mile above or below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

At the train station popebenny. Templemore has them as well. Idk about Nenagh or Roscrea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

You'd think if they were trying to promote electric cars they'd hand out Teslas or similar ?

"the zero-emissions Roadster can drive 245 miles per charge. "

"Up to 295 lbs-ft of torque and 300 horsepower are produced as the car smoothly accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds"

http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster/specs

• Advertisement
Advertisement