Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Page Three - Girl "band" 70's

• 27-09-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching BBC TOTP from 1977, 3 girls on call Page Three, in funky leopard skin suits !

Anyone know anything about them? Needles to say typing in Page Three Girls into Google ain't working !!

Lead singer had a great voice and was definitely singing live (which was rare on TOTP) !

Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 ianthedrummer

likewise - just about remember the song - great song, like you, desperately trying to find out anything about them. let me know if you do - would love it to be on i.tunes so i can download it.

found them on you tube - no info on them though - shame. great, great song. i'll keep searching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

All I could trawl....

Hold on to love - think that's the name, written by the songwriters Newton/McKay

Produced by Bruce Welch of The Shadows fame and arranged by Brian Bennett of the same band

First and only TOTP studio appearance : "Hold On To Love", 25/8/77

It's catalogue numbe is K 16976

$%28KGrHqV,%21n8E8VUzgleUBPQkgIjLJw%7E%7E60_1.JPG

$%28KGrHqZ,%21r%21E-ZFv0yWeBPp+pMkFlg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Also that programme tonight is going to be repeated over the next few days, see here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n1tsd - on tomorrow night and Sunday night late

be great if someone could record it and post it on youtube - fraid I haven't recording capabilty at home,

Would love to see it on youtube, go on, you know you want to.

Only youtube I can find and the quality is crap..

pretty sure cee lo green has covered this or at least sampled the riff - recycled music - nothing is new!!

• Advertisement

So are you recording and posting this for us all off BBC tonight or Sunday - come on?

for sure - if i can find a way of doing it - i'll ask my computer geek of a son - kids today know all about digital recording - in my day it was a portable cassette recorder placed next to the transistor radio!:)

Advertisement