Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLANE 10KM 21st oct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Was looking at this myself and was highly interested in having a crack at the PB here but I am still in two minds as Gerry Farnan is on the same day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This is just what I am after post Berlin. Cheers Ultraman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

i would love to enter but the week before i attempt my 1st marathon best for me to watch from the sidelines as I know i wouldn't be able to hold myself back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Plan is for Gerry Farnan for me too. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Too close to Dublin for me. Pity as only down the road from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

do both ya big wuss:D at least yull get a good feed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ultraman1 wrote: »
    do both ya big wuss:D at least yull get a good feed

GF kicks off at 2:15. XC doesn't start at stupid o'clock in the morning like most races. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Fits in perfectly with my plan so might have a crack at this for a sub 40..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Is this a 5k looped twice.

Is this a 5k looped twice.
    no two differnt courses.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

the road surface at he end of hoganstown road is a bit rough.

ran them road many of times.

Just registered for this online - will there will be km markers??

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

ultraman1 wrote: »
    nice flat and fast blowout the week before DCM,accuratly measured and AAI permit ,2:30 start so u get a lie on.......also a 5km family fun run,the parish bakers are measuring their flour and choclate ganache as we speak,a bit of entertainment after,and a heap of pubs at the finish line,,,,

http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/Clane10KRoadRaceand5kFamilyFunRun

can one register on the day?

Tom Joad wrote: »
    - will there will be km markers??
    afaik yes,.........,saw dem on the ground painted

can one register on the day?
    id say so,,......,or if ur around ucan enter in parish shop any day b4 3
    afaik heard about 100 signd up already

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Signed to do this 5K with OH and kids - serious race tactics\gear selection\fueling strategies and finish line celebrations being planned. Oh, and kids are excited too.....

about 200 regd for the 10km and 100 for the family 5k walk/run,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marou

This appeared to be very badly organised from a traffic management point of view. The village was gridlocked for a long period this afternoon. Cars were let through but then found themselves stopped in a long line of traffic with nowhere to go. This resulted in people getting seriously frustrated sitting in their cars for ages. I'm sure the runners would prefer not to have to dodge cars while running too. Surely traffic could have been diverted away from the main street via the bypass? At one point, an ambulance struggled to get through the chaos. This seriously needs to be looked at if this is to be an annual event. The paddy's day parade is always well sign posted and stewarded but this appeared to be a bit of a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Marou wrote: »
    This appeared to be very badly organised from a traffic management point of view. The village was gridlocked for a long period this afternoon. Cars were let through but then found themselves stopped in a long line of traffic with nowhere to go. This resulted in people getting seriously frustrated sitting in their cars for ages. I'm sure the runners would prefer not to have to dodge cars while running too. Surely traffic could have been diverted away from the main street via the bypass? At one point, an ambulance struggled to get through the chaos. This seriously needs to be looked at if this is to be an annual event. The paddy's day parade is always well sign posted and stewarded but this appeared to be a bit of a shambles.

From a runners point of view it appeared to be excellently organised. Started perfectly on time, nice course no traffic issues free massages and a great spread afterwards.
    My Official time appears to be 13 seconds faster than my watch time. Anyone else find this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Marou

menoscemo wrote: »

no traffic issues

As long as you weren't in a car that is.

Glad to hear it went well otherwise.

Marou wrote: »
    This appeared to be very badly organised from a traffic management point of view. The village was gridlocked for a long period this afternoon. Cars were let through but then found themselves stopped in a long line of traffic with nowhere to go. This resulted in people getting seriously frustrated sitting in their cars for ages. .

if u have any real issues with the traffic management other than having to wait a while ,u shud complain to the Garda Traffic Corps,Naas division

Superbly organised race - hard to believe its the first time for the event. No delays at the starting line (apart from us being in the wrong place to start), good course, well marshalled and km markers at every km. Lovely spread afterwards in the parish centre - didn't wait for the massage but nice option to have available - all in all a well organised race - even if I was disappointed with my own run...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

RAL3 wrote: »
    Signed to do this 5K with OH and kids - serious race tactics\gear selection\fueling strategies and finish line celebrations being planned. Oh, and kids are excited too.....

Great day all round, very well organised, nice athmosphere and great spread at the end.

Only downside is that I got outsprinted at the end of the 5K by my two 10 year olds. Sent both of them to bed early without any supper, last time they'll try that...............

Advertisement