Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harassed & fobbed off by Eircom…..maybe!

Options
  • 27-09-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Eircom called my home phone 4 times today, selling I don’t know what (existing Eircom customer), on one occasions they questioned a minor who answered the phone about when the adult (bill payer) would be home………..later when they called again I answered and requested a supervisor…..when I requested their policy on extracting potentially security sensitive information from a minor they would not post me one, only offered their T & C on the bottom of their website….when they disputed how often they called they refused to send me the their “access log” unless I wrote to them or rang 1901 and paid them ten euro for the pleasure of same…. Harassment or a grumpy me on a Thursday night?:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Robus wrote: »
    Eircom called my home phone 4 times today, selling I don’t know what (existing Eircom customer), on one occasions they questioned a minor who answered the phone about when the adult (bill payer) would be home………..later when they called again I answered and requested a supervisor…..when I requested their policy on extracting potentially security sensitive information from a minor they would not post me one, only offered their T & C on the bottom of their website….when they disputed how often they called they refused to send me the their “access log” unless I wrote to them or rang 1901 and paid them ten euro for the pleasure of same…. Harassment or a grumpy me on a Thursday night?:mad:

Hi Robus

I'm sorry to hear you have been receiving unwanted calls from eircom. If you wish I can requested for your account details to be removed from our data base and you will no longer receive these call? If so can you PM me your account number and I will have this done for you.

Regards
    Linda
    (logged in as Ant)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

on one occasions they questioned a minor who answered the phone about when the adult (bill payer) would be home

This happened when they phoned my line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Robus

Hi Robus

I'm sorry to hear you have been receiving unwanted calls from eircom. If you wish I can requested for your account details to be removed from our data base and you will no longer receive these call? If so can you PM me your account number and I will have this done for you.

Regards
    Linda
    (logged in as Ant)

Thank you Linda, I shouldn’t need to PM you as I requested no more calls, unfortunately I had made this request before with no success.

May I ask if you could provide a link to your policy on calling home phones and in particular any mention of how you deal with what may sound like a minor?

Additionally can you confirm if it does in fact cost 10.00 Euro to get a copy of the details you hold on your computers about your calls to a customers number.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thank you Linda, I shouldn’t need to PM you as I requested no more calls, unfortunately I had made this request before with no success.

May I ask if you could provide a link to your policy on calling home phones and in particular any mention of how you deal with what may sound like a minor?

Additionally can you confirm if it does in fact cost 10.00 Euro to get a copy of the details you hold on your computers about your calls to a customers number.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Robus,

Apologies as we only have your boards.ie username. We need to ask every customer to PM the details. To confirm and access the customers account.

I apologise if the agent assumed you were a minor. I am sure it was just an honest mistake. The agent should have escalated the issue to a manager I apologise that they did not do so.

When we set up an account / service we do ask if customers would like to be on eircom or third part (other telecom) database. I can arrange to have you removed from the databases if you confirm the name on the account and eircom account number.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Robus,

Apologies as we only have your boards.ie username. We need to ask every customer to PM the details. To confirm and access the customers account.

I apologise if the agent assumed you were a minor. I am sure it was just an honest mistake. The agent should have escalated the issue to a manager I apologise that they did not do so.

When we set up an account / service we do ask if customers would like to be on eircom or third part (other telecom) database. I can arrange to have you removed from the databases if you confirm the name on the account and eircom account number.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, these are generic questions so you don’t need my account details.
    The agent did not think I was a minor, they were talking to my son who is a minor, they requested details on when an adult (bill payer) would return home , THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO ME.
    So again:
    · May I ask if you could provide a link to your policy on calling home phones and in particular any mention of how you deal with what may sound like a minor?
    · Additionally can you confirm if it does in fact cost 10.00 Euro to get a copy of the details you hold on your computers about your calls to a customer’s number.
    The agent did escalate this to a manager, on my request.

• Advertisement

I apologise if the agent assumed you were a minor. I am sure it was just an honest mistake. Thanks, Mark

Mark, I really would appreciate if you could provide a link to your policy on calling home phones, its availability was confirmed by your team manager (but he was unsure of the exact web location).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

4 calls in one day is ridiculous, not to mention the interaction with the minor, so glad I'm rid of Eircom and don't have to deal with their rubbish/rude customer support people or abysmal website

If I didn’t know better I would say that Eircom are ignoring my request, despite a supervisor guaranteeing me that this information was available through their web site.

If I didn’t know better I would say that Eircom are ignoring my request, despite a supervisor guaranteeing me that this information was available through their web site.

Hi Robus,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have been on annual leave. Below is a link to eircom Terms and Conditions for Telephone Service.

- http://bit.ly/RT3XQW

If you go to the bottom right hand side of the document (under Data Protection) it outlines the terms of the marketing service.

Yes there is a €10 charge if a customer requests a copy of a call to eircom to be sent out through the data protection officer.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

Hi Mark,

My number is a blocked number it is not on the NDD, Eircom have been ringing me now every couple of weeks asking me if I would like to become a customer again I have repeatedly said no thank you.

I have not been a Eircom customer for 7 years now and am happy with what I have.

Could you please take my number off the database please?

• Advertisement

otto_26 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

My number is a blocked number it is not on the NDD, Eircom have been ringing me now every couple of weeks asking me if I would like to become a customer again I have repeatedly said no thank you.

I have not been a Eircom customer for 7 years now and am happy with what I have.

Could you please take my number off the database please?

Hi otto_26,

I am afraid in order to remove your details completely from the National Directory Database. You need to contact your current provider and asked to be removed from all third part marketing.

If our customer was receiving marketing calls from other providers, we would have to issue the request that would be sent on to wholesale to remove the details.

The process can take up to 28 days, sorry I could not issue it for directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

Hi otto_26,

I am afraid in order to remove your details completely from the National Directory Database. You need to contact your current provider and asked to be removed from all third part marketing.

If our customer was receiving marketing calls from other providers, we would have to issue the request that would be sent on to wholesale to remove the details.

The process can take up to 28 days, sorry I could not issue it for directly.

Thanks, Mark

But I'm only receiving marketing calls from Eircom and have told the Eircom agent to please stop calling I'm not interested please take me off your list.

Shouldn't that automatically take me off the Eircom calling list?

My name is off third party marketing the only thing I can think of is Eircom have my name and number from when I was their customer.

But I'm only receiving marketing calls from Eircom and have told the Eircom agent to please stop calling I'm not interested please take me off your list.

My name is off third party marketing the only thing I can think of is Eircom have my name and number from when I was their customer.

Hi otto_26,

Can you PM me with your tel no: name & address please.

Thanks, Mark

I can’t believe it, after 20 minutes plus conversation with an Eircom supervisor and a definite promise from him they won’t call again THEY DID!

This is definitely harassment.

Mark, any explanation for how this could happen.

I have had my details removed from the NDD for years, ONLY Eircom ever phone with marketing calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

I can’t believe it, after 20 minutes plus conversation with an Eircom supervisor and a definite promise from him they won’t call again THEY DID!

I have had my details removed from the NDD for years, ONLY Eircom ever phone with marketing calls.

There seems to be ongoing issues with eircom/emobile etc and not understanding the data protection legislation....
    Make a formal complaint to the data commissioners .....

Thanks in advance.

The most they can legally charge you is €6.35 , if they have informed you of anything else make a formal complaint to the data commissioners....

write to them requesting confirmation as to where and how they received your personal details, they have to supply you with this information free...

or you could just waste their time and get a minor to pretend they are you... and agree to sign up to everything and let them spend hundreds trying to sort it out when you dont pay and they spend money on debt recovery letters .... let them take you to court after the 18 months of wasting their time.....

Advertisement