Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes Help!

• 27-09-2012 8:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just downloaded iTunes on my recently formatted computer.

I'm trying to put new music on ,y iPhone but it is telling me the iPhone is synced with another library and I must erase the iPhone and sync with library. I clicked on "manually manage music and videos".

I have nothing that I don't mind losing in my iTunes on my iPhone. However I need my Apps, telephone numbers etc.

How do I go about fixing this?

THANK YOU!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You need to "authorise" that version of iTunes. You can do it somewhere from the menus at the top. When you do that you need to transfer your purchases to your local machine, again an option in one of the menu drop downs. That downloads your apps.

After that I think you can backup and sync your device, and everything bar your music/videos will then be locally backed up.

Did the same this week, now I just need to figure out how to get my music onto my local machine without having to pay for iCloud!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Dades wrote: »
    You need to "authorise" that version of iTunes. You can do it somewhere from the menus at the top. When you do that you need to transfer your purchases to your local machine, again an option in one of the menu drop downs. That downloads your apps.

After that I think you can backup and sync your device, and everything bar your music/videos will then be locally backed up.

Did the same this week, now I just need to figure out how to get my music onto my local machine without having to pay for iCloud!!

Hi,
    I authorized the computer but not sure how to transfer, no option for that. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I authorized the computer but not sure how to transfer, no option for that. :confused:

When you connect your phone, its in the file menu under "Transfer purchases from this phone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just right cluck the iPhone in iTunes and click on transfer purchases. For the music download sharepod and you can transfer all the music and vids to the pc and then import to itunes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

I backed up iPhone in itunes and then synced and erased.

Everything seemed to stay the same on the phone and I was able to transfer music.

Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement