Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Nationalism: Load of Cock!

• 27-09-2012 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

I've been saying it for a long time. ... and it really is getting pathetic ..

Padraig Harrington for example. People are still adamant that he has a great chance of winning a tournament week in week out.
    Anyone that has a clue about golf will tell you this is just a load of boll1x and he's no chance. If Padraig was from Spain or France, would people still be so adamant he'd have a chance ? No is the answer, of course not.

Same goes for the great Irish Football team. Yes, they really did have a chance at going far in the European championships didn't they ? Again, no they fcuking didn't, cause they're a useless team and any right minded person could tell you that. If any other country were playing the same level of football as Ireland were, would they have a chance ? No, of course not.

I get the whole thing of supporting your country, that's fine...support it, but don't make statements pretending we have an actual chance.

Same goes for slagging what happens in other countries, scumbags, murderers, corruption etc ...
    what the fcuk have we here.
    Every day the last 3 weeks all I hear on the radio is gang feud, rape, murder, robbery .....the list goes on and on .. .yet we act like we're a saint of a country at times.

RANT OVER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You could say that about a lot of other countries. National bias is a pretty common thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

who ever suggested the irish football team had any sort of chance in the last competition?

seriously, name one person. just one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Now dont be silly Dr :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Dr.Silly wrote: »

Padraig Harrington for example. People are still adamant that he has a great chance of winning a tournament week in week out.
    Anyone that has a clue about golf will tell you this is just a load of boll1x and he's no chance. If Padraig was from Spain or France, would people still be so adamant he'd have a chance ? No is the answer, of course not.

Same goes for the great Irish Football team. Yes, they really did have a chance at going far in the European championships didn't they ? Again, no they fcuking didn't, cause they're a useless team and any right minded person could tell you that. If any other country were playing the same level of football as Ireland were, would they have a chance ? No, of course not.

I get the whole thing of supporting your country, that's fine...support it, but don't make statements pretending we have an actual chance.

Same goes for slagging what happens in other countries, scumbags, murderers, corruption etc ...
    Every day the last 3 weeks all I hear on the radio is gang feud, rape, murder, robbery .....the list goes on and on .. .yet we act like we're a saint of a country at times.

RANT OVER

Have you tried talking to some of your friends about how you feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

who ever suggested the irish football team had any sort of chance in the last competition?

seriously, name one person. just one.

lol.........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

You ought to try supporting the N. Ire football team like me.

Have plenty to moan about then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Well the alternative is hating ourselves.

OP if you dont like it here then you can git out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

uh oh the liberal looney lefties here will be wringing their hands with this one, or, is that the rabid right wing nutjobs.....

I can never tell there all the same...
    ...I'm off for some popcorn and a shmoke for a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

OP has been reported to the Irish Medical Organisation, expect to be plain old Mr.Silly soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

It's shíte being Scottish Irish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Get a blog ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Erm, Padraig Harrington is a multiple Major winner, of course he has a chance in every tournament.

Stupid pointless thread tbh, please lock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Harringtons not Irish anymore,he's been abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JJLongford

I don't know if that equates to Nationalism...

I think people in general jump on bandwagons. I know some people and when you invite them out their first question is: 'Who's going?' And they'll only go if you sell it to them.

I think Nations are the same. Take Katie Taylor for instance. People who never knew of her previously, never met her, never cared for boxing and never lived near her were all suddenly out drinking and celebrating her success. I thought how sad is that! Get off your arse and achieve something you can celebrate yourself! I think it's great how she achieved and fair play to her. But I'm not going to celebrate her success when I don't know her or care for boxing.

I feel the same about other sports...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Erm, Padraig Harrington is a multiple Major winner, of course he has a chance in every tournament.

I never said he wasn't a good player....course he was ..as you said he was a multiple Major winner ..
    what has he done since worth mentioning ... didley squat but people still persist he's a great chance:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Apparently, somebody pissing and moaning on AH about absolutely nothing.

Theres a full moon tonight...just sayin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

JJLongford wrote: »
    I think Nations are the same. Take Katie Taylor for instance. People who never knew of her previously, never met her, never cared for boxing and never lived near her were all suddenly out drinking and celebrating her success. I thought how sad is that! Get off your arse and achieve something you can celebrate yourself! I think it's great how she achieved and fair play to her. But I'm not going to celebrate her success when I don't know her or care for boxing.

I feel the same about other sports...

I thought it was because for the last few years most people in Ireland have had nothing but bad news and misery so having someone we could be proud of and something positive for a change was worth celebrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Help is at hand, Dr Silly. http://goo.gl/maps/yqOMi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Duiske wrote: »
    Help is at hand, Dr Silly. http://goo.gl/maps/yqOMi

I've tears of laughter rolling down my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jesus, being a bit optimistic about national sport is hardly the kind of nationalism that we should be worried about. Anyway, I thought we were a nation of begrudgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

I don't know if this a thread hating on Mr Harrington, Irish Nationalism or golf in general. If its the first or the third option, then count me in for a good bashing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I've been saying it for ,(....) act like we're a saint of a country at times.

RANT OVER

You're out of fags, tea and have no money. Thats whats really causing the hurt, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Big Mouth

RANT OVER

Yeah cos Ireland is the only country in the world who carries in like that, who wants the likes of you around anyway, TAKE A HIKE

V_Moth wrote: »
    I don't know if this a thread hating on Mr Harrington, Irish Nationalism or golf in general. If its the first or the third option, then count me in for a good bashing...

I think he wants to suck out any joy or hope we may have left in life.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Vote Republican!

I'm building an empire, and I want the celts if Scotland Wales and NE Ireland back on board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

RANT OVER

Im sure we do ok compared to others with a similar population.austria have twice our population and they are rubbish..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I think we should just get rid of all the damn borders in the world and try and get on as human beings.

Honestly I can't stand nationalism or patriotism of any kind. Pointless bickering, especially up here.

C'mon Ireland!! Let's be the best country in the world at not being nationalistic!!

• Advertisement

King of Do?

King of Do?

Eh... yes?

King of Foo

Advertisement