Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Club - Clontarf

• 27-09-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I am considering setting up a Photography Club in Clontarf. I am trying to gauge reaction. Will also post on Nolan's noticeboard etc..

If interested PM me. If critical mass there then we it might be worth pursuing. Critical Mass would be in excess of 50 members.

Thanks

Clontarf Photo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

I would be interested, based in Glasnevin myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I would be interested, based in Glasnevin myself.

I would be very interested also!! Will send a PM now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hi

I am considering setting up a Photography Club in Clontarf. I am trying to gauge reaction. Will also post on Nolan's noticeboard etc..

If interested PM me. If critical mass there then we it might be worth pursuing. Critical Mass would be in excess of 50 members.

Thanks

Clontarf Photo

Good luck with this I hope it works out for you. Put up more than a poster in Nolans.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

get a facebook page going - good way to attract people.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Hi, yeah I'd definitely be interested in this. Sending PM now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Best of luck with setting up a new club. Start off with whatever number turns up on the first night.
    Greystones Camera Club started up with a meeting of 7 or 8 people in a local pub lounge and within a couple of months we had almost 50 members. Word spreads very quickly. We capped our membership at 50. We now meet on a Thursday in a beautiful premises in Greystones and visitors are very welcome. We are now in existence just over a year.

Don't know if this is still going ahead has any one received a pm back from the op?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jonnybangbang

I only pm'd yesterday. but haven't heard anything back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Heard nothing back yet.
    Perhaps we should just arrange a photowalk and a pint in the Sheds ourselves.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

I'd be up for signing up! :D PM'd

• Advertisement

If no one hears anything back before next Sunday 14-10 will we just Orginised a meet up in Howth or somewhere? who would be up that?

fox007 wrote: »
    If no one hears anything back before next Sunday 14-10 will we just Orginised a meet up in Howth or somewhere? who would be up that?

Sounds like a plan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

also interested in the club

Photowalk being organised by Fox007 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lyrad

Also interested

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I'm interested too.

lyrad wrote: »
    Also interested
    I'm interested too.

Photowalk been organised Here from those of us ( or Anyone) interested in starting the club, good place to start meeting everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jimmybond

I would like to join also, sunday would not suit me for the Howth walk will there be another one on after that?

Jimmybond wrote: »
    I would like to join also, sunday would not suit me for the Howth walk will there be another one on after that?

Hi Jimmy we will see how Sunday goes if we get a decent turn out we will try do it again once a month BUT it depended on the number that turn up Sunday tho

So anyone that wants to join this "club" put your name down for Sunday and actually get out and take photos that's what's it's all about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jimmybond

ok thank you

• Advertisement

Advertisement