If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46" TV plus 3d BluRay player

Options
  • 27-09-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Seeing as Philips TV's are impossible to source could you give me a price for the following please:

SONY BRAVIA KDL46HX853

Panasonic DMPBDT220 Blu-ray player

Do you think the "sound bar" base with the Sony TV is adequate or would I need a Yamaha thingy? And are there any differences between the Richersounds model and one from a local Dublin retailer, Saorview etc?

Delivery to Dublin would be needed also.

If the price is good enough I might be able to convince "others" ;)

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

quenching wrote: »
    Hi there,

Seeing as Philips TV's are impossible to source could you give me a price for the following please:

SONY BRAVIA KDL46HX853

Panasonic DMPBDT220 Blu-ray player

Do you think the "sound bar" base with the Sony TV is adequate or would I need a Yamaha thingy? And are there any differences between the Richersounds model and one from a local Dublin retailer, Saorview etc?

Delivery to Dublin would be needed also.

If the price is good enough I might be able to convince "others" ;)

Many thanks

Hi Quenching,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

Our current price on the Sony screen is £1,189.95. This includes a 5 year warranty with the TV :)

At the moment all we have in the Panasonic is the MR version. This will play any DVDs from America, Australia etc. Current price on this is £149.95. At the moment you can claim Titanic and Avatar on blu-ray for free through Panasonic :)

Haven't heard the Sony up and running. Had a customer that took two the other week for himself and a friend. They did buy a separates home cinema system for the screens. He did say the sound from the TV its self was impressive. I would still consider the Yamaha YSP2200. The sound of this is unbelievable!! It does give you the feel of a separate system in your living room. Current price on the Yamaha is £689.95. Here's a link to more info on it:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp2200/yama-ysp2200-blk

The Sony is Saorview approved so there shouldn't be a massive difference between the UK and Irish model.

Now in regards to delivery. Unfortunately the screen is a 'in-store only' purchase so would need to be collected here in Belfast.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Hi Quenching,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

Our current price on the Sony screen is £1,189.95. This includes a 5 year warranty with the TV :)

At the moment all we have in the Panasonic is the MR version. This will play any DVDs from America, Australia etc. Current price on this is £149.95. At the moment you can claim Titanic and Avatar on blu-ray for free through Panasonic :)

Haven't heard the Sony up and running. Had a customer that took two the other week for himself and a friend. They did buy a separates home cinema system for the screens. He did say the sound from the TV its self was impressive. I would still consider the Yamaha YSP2200. The sound of this is unbelievable!! It does give you the feel of a separate system in your living room. Current price on the Yamaha is £689.95. Here's a link to more info on it:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp2200/yama-ysp2200-blk

The Sony is Saorview approved so there shouldn't be a massive difference between the UK and Irish model.

Now in regards to delivery. Unfortunately the screen is a 'in-store only' purchase so would need to be collected here in Belfast.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Thanks for the pricing Chris, unfortunately I won't be in Belfast anytime soon and a trip just to collect a TV is not likely :o That said nothing is finalised yet so I might be back with a query on a different model.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.