Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding fresh food suppliers

Options
  • 27-09-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I am in the early stages of building a business plan/exploring options. Have toying with the idea of setting up a high quality fast food cafe in an area which I have identified as having high lunchtime demand.

Where and how would I go about compiling a list of suppliers and raw material prices? I dont have any food background at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

If you are going for high quality then "local" suppliers could be your usp. there are a few options here. most parts of the country have farm shops where you can go and buy direct from the farmer. If you go to your nearest Farmers Market most weekends you will also find them there and you can make contact with them.
    There are also producer groups. These are co op's where a number of different producers get together to market their product. If you are near Dublin then the Dublin Meath Growers offer a wholesale service. Try Keelings for all kinds of fruit as well.
    Most butchers shop and suppermarket you go into these days have a list on the wall each day telling customers which farm their product is from.
    It might be something you could do as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

collegeme wrote: »
    I dont have any food background at all.

That is going to be a BIG problem.....

Advertisement