Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a job in Dublin

Options
  • 27-09-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi there I am a student at UCD and really need to find a part time job to pay for college and rent. However it seems to be extremely difficult to find anything. Just wondering if anyone has anything to offer to point me in the right direction

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I don't want to sound smart or cheeky but have you put out any cv's yet into the likes of tesco, argos, mc donnalds, dominos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Is your C.V up to scratch? That's why most people don't get jobs these days, any bad C.V's are immediately binned. Y Try chippers and places like Mcdonalds, pubs, clubs, supermarkets, small shops, Butchers, or depending on what you are studying some company might give you a few hours if they are busy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Contact EVERY business that has something to do with what you're studying. It will be a foot in the door for when you finish your degree. Also, make sure your C.V. is up to date and looks good.

Make use of ANY contacts you have i.e; Family, friends, ask around in college etc.

In these times especially you can be the best at what you do but not given the chance because it's WHO you know and not what you know.

Best of luck!

Advertisement