Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing boards advice needed

Options
  • 27-09-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Story lads I have been surfing on a 7'3 mini mal since just before the summer and I got a 6'6 spider in the garage, Ive been finding it difficult to get up on it comparison to the 7'3. Im just wondering would I be best to stick at it with the spider or get a different board in order to progress to shortboards.
    I was told not to bother with the 7'3 before the summer and get a longer board I think because of my height a 6ft. But even though it was difficult Im now surfing confidently on the 7'3 turning it and challenging myself at different spots.
    Can I accomplish the same with the spider or would it be unrealistic???

cheers for any advice.:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

lcrcboy wrote: »
    Story lads I have been surfing on a 7'3 mini mal since just before the summer and I got a 6'6 spider in the garage, Ive been finding it difficult to get up on it comparison to the 7'3. Im just wondering would I be best to stick at it with the spider or get a different board in order to progress to shortboards.
    I was told not to bother with the 7'3 before the summer and get a longer board I think because of my height a 6ft. But even though it was difficult Im now surfing confidently on the 7'3 turning it and challenging myself at different spots.
    Can I accomplish the same with the spider or would it be unrealistic???

cheers for any advice.:cool:

Depends on the board. I'm 6 foot myself and about 13 1/2 stone. I've two 6'6. One is handy enough to the surf the other isn't. It has such a small volume that I can hardly paddle it around. I can catch waves alright but long distance paddling kills me. Does it have the full dimensions on it?

Advertisement