Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Portfolio Site

Options
  • 27-09-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey all

Here is a new site I have put together (quite quickly) just to showcase my mobile app designs.

Still wanna build up the footer and a few other small things. Let me know what you think!

Cheers

http://www.alanpower.net/mobile/

(I've also got a web portfolio that I've shown here before http://www.alanpower.net )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wow! Pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Really nice! Clean but striking.

What I will say is, with the portfolio being used to showcase mobile designs, I expected it to be responsive. Might just be me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just checked your own personal site, beautiful! Very nicely done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Really nice! Clean but striking.

What I will say is, with the portfolio being used to showcase mobile designs, I expected it to be responsive. Might just be me though.

Not just not responsive design but the topbar.jpg at 1338px appears breaking the horizontal layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Very nice and aesthetic but one thing I can comment on is that some of those screenshots of the app are visibly pixelated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 OctoberRain

alzer81 wrote: »
    Hey all

Here is a new site I have put together (quite quickly) just to showcase my mobile app designs.

Still wanna build up the footer and a few other small things. Let me know what you think!

Cheers

http://www.alanpower.net/mobile/

(I've also got a web portfolio that I've shown here before http://www.alanpower.net )

First impressions as a user: Confident statement with proof of work done. It gives a good impression.

Usability: usability of this site is frustrating. I am tempted and indeed invited to click on the close site logo: does this mean turning something off? When I click on it I am taken away from the site and have no clear way of getting back.

Social Links: The same can be said for the similar looking social links: Dribble (what is Dribble?), Facebook, LinkedIn etc (your customer base might not be so familiar with these sites). They all take me as a user away from the initial site of interest with no clear way of getting back to the original site.

Moving banner: The top banner follows me down the site and obscures information that I might be interested in, I find that annoying as a user.

Consistency: The titles of the apps are clear and strong: the representation of each of these apps are graphically very different though So the page becomes overloaded with information.

Use of icons / logo for navigation: At the end of the page I am again invited? to close the page by the large close icon and taken away from the site with the same result as the close icon logo at the start. Is this your logo or is it a button for navigation? Some confusion can and does occur by using a logo as a button methinks:)

As a suggestion I would clear up the problems that I addressed as a user of the site by removing the header that follows the page, creating a consistent design for each of the apps & removing the prominence of the links that lead to other pages.

Hope that helps and is the constructive critisism that you want? Well done for the work that you have done by the way, the only way is up from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

App design at it's aesthetic best!

Advertisement