Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expense Reduction Analysts - Have You Heard of Them?

Options
  • 27-09-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

I was recently approached by a rep from this crowd who offered to "analyse" some of my biggest expenses on a No Foal , No Fee basis whereby they would take 50% of any savings for the 1st year.

They claim to be able to buy in most of the expense items i incur cheaper than i can get them.

Have any of you any experience in dealing with them - good or bad before i commit myself?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Assuming you have done your best to get best pricing, the idea is a good one, provided the firm you are talking to are a decent outfit. If they can make the savings, why not let them have a go. I would advise you to ask for some customer references and then check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Thanks for your reply. I will check some references.

It is surprising that nobody has heard of or delt with them in these recessionary times.

Here is a link to their website. They appear to be genuine.

www.expensereduction.ie

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

It would depend on the site of your operation, I find that staff costs are the highest and these guys would be a little use to them

Stationery,office supplies and printing seem to be the low hanging fruit that the constantly pick off, but you can do deals yourself with various printers and office supplies companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

We did try one of these guys about 3 or 4 years ago, they did little better than our own purchasing guys had done themselves. This service has been around for quite a while but generally only works for larger inefficient organisations with disorganised purchasing structures and responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭PhotogTom

You might want to check out www.auditel.ie as well. OK, full disclosure time - I work for Auditel!
    Whichever you choose, I hope you will let me make a couple of points.
    They aren't just for disorganized, etc. Most of our clients may negotiate an electrical, telecoms, or stationery supplier once a year at most. Both ERA and Auditel will be doing so every day for multiple clients. That has to give us a leg up in market knowledge, etc. And that market knowledge is demonstrated in the no win, no fee approach.
    As far as the no win, no fee - keep in mind that there can really only be two outcomes. Possibly, we come back and tell you that you are paying market driven rates. That in itself has value to a company and they can move on to other matters. The second outcome is that savings are found resulting in reduced overheads and improved bottom line.
    Enough of the soapbox but feel free to PM me if you want additional info, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement