Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racism on boards and Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Check the Enoch Powell thread the Austrailian thread.

Hogan's Letter demonstrates clear evidence at a high levelas does the reaction when a Boxer from a Travelling community won a medal from an exclusive restuarant.

The latest Taxi scandal also springs to mind.

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/column-racism-is-the-irish-reality-we-need-to-stop-pretending-otherwise-391725-Mar2012/

I think racism is an issue in all countries.It should not be whether other countries are less or more racist than us. The question is how do we deal with it here?

Get rid of the old people. They're the most racist ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The question is how do we deal with it here?

Close the borders and kick out the foreigners. That's about the only way you really stamp out racism entirely.

Then we can just go back to hating people from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Toshchiy Imperatritsy Vselennoy

:(I think i picked the wrong forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The question is how do we deal with it here?

wait a few years and a generation of hot, mixed race Irish people will shut everyone the **** up

The sheriff's a ni--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Now you're being racist against us.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Where To wrote: »
    Now you're being racist against us.:(

/****ing thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I personally don't buy into the whole multicultural "new irish" utopia. I think the status quo demographics are perfect the way they are.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind ethnic minorities or see them as inferior, I'll always be polite to everyone equally. But I'm just of the opinion that It wouldn't feel like Ireland If I woke up to the sight of just non_white, "new irish" for lack of a better word and no indigenous, white, celtic/viking stock irish people. And I also think many non racists would deny they would feel any different in that hypothetical situation too.

I suppose it's due to the fact I've grown up with 90 something % of traditionally, ethnic irish with surnames Mc, O', etc. Basically people who look, talks, act and relate to me.
    Look at many of the african migrants who come here. It can't be said they aren't very insular or clannish too. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I think it's just how a lot of people are wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dan dan

What can I do .I am offended Someone called me a white fxxl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

wait a few years and a generation of hot, mixed race Irish people will shut everyone the **** up

I have one of them mixed race ones with Jewish ancestry thrown in too, she's as mad as a box of frogs...... at the moment I'm receiving 'picture no sound'... because I forgot to empty the fuckin' dishwasher.

I'll learn her though , the fuckin' dishwasher will have a new resident shortly .. her dog.

work that out all by yourself, Sun Tzu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I thought I was Caucasian? When did Irish become a race and not an ethnicity?
    I'm confused now. Are travelers a separate race? What races are they up north? Do they all agree? Many questions and confusions.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Look at many of the african migrants who come here. It can't be said they aren't very insular or clannish too. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I think it's just how a lot of people are wired.

We're probably driving them mental by being mad irish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Check the Enoch Powell thread the Austrailian thread.

Hogan's Letter demonstrates clear evidence at a high levelas does the reaction when a Boxer from a Travelling community won a medal from an exclusive restuarant.

The latest Taxi scandal also springs to mind.

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/column-racism-is-the-irish-reality-we-need-to-stop-pretending-otherwise-391725-Mar2012/

I think racism is an issue in all countries.It should not be whether other countries are less or more racist than us. The question is how do we deal with it here?

Its not up to him to look anywhere.

You've made one hell of a statement by saying that Boards.ie allows racism to happen and does nothing about it.

I want you to show me some proof of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

There's more outward anti-Irishness on this site than there is racism against other nationalities.

Is fíor é seo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I want you to show me some proof of this.

You do get the Stormfront crowd every once in a while, what I'd like to see some racism that went unpunished.

OP -

If you want a genuine discussion about this and want the admins/staff/owner of this site to give their opinion, then visit the Feedback forum, otherwise you're just making some extremely rash allegations.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I don't wanna lose our ronan keatingness to foreign peoples misty eyes. Its not great for our identity if they're lusting after say more of a North African instead, or a veritable Nikki Minaj o' treis with all the cultural baggage that ensues as irish.

As small rock, totally detatched we should just roll with what's expected.. perversely our greatest charm in other nations eyes is a type of Irish, white pride. and in these times if that goes, then we really won't have any other identity left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I don't wanna lose our ronan keatingness to foreign peoples misty eyes. Its not great for our identity if they're lusting after say more of a North African instead, or a veritable Nikki Minaj o' treis with all the cultural baggage that ensues as irish.

As small rock, totally detatched we should just roll with what's expected.. perversely our greatest charm in other nations eyes is a type of Irish, white pride. and in these times if that goes, then we really won't have any other identity left

I don't think people in other countries even know about Irish Pride white sliced pan. :confused:

Racial Purity as a marketing ploy. It is a depressing little universe you inhabit.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I once thought like you.. but I grew up n saw the bigger picture outside my own pants, tbh and lifetime

I got some sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You've had long enough to show me some proof.

Trolling thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement