Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aware 10k - Saturday 8 December

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Once the Indo are involved the results are only on the net after the paper is published. The announcer said it will also be in Fit magazine on Thursday. I am sure they give some money to aware but I can't see it leading to much extra paper sales. It won't make me buy the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

When im standing around near the start in the cold in shorts and a t shirt on a Saturday morning I wonder how I ever got the motivation to leave the warm bed behind. : ) Thankfully I enjoyed the race, nice route, had the usual sprint off with one or 2 others who were shadowing me for the last 2km. Slowly getting my race pace back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The (late) arrival of the portaloos and their location (right beside the start area) was amusing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Any photos from the race anywhere folks? Haven't been able to find any online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭daymobrew

PauloMN wrote: »
    Any photos from the race anywhere folks? Haven't been able to find any online.
    There is one photo on the Aware news page: http://www.aware.ie/congratulations-to-the-aware-christmas-10k-run-winners/
    They might have more.
    There was a photographer about 200m before the finish line. Maybe his photos will be in FIT Magazine on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

First ever timed 10K (or any distance) run for me. First time I've run that distance since about 2005. Didn't mind picking my way through the slower people as I'm not a runner (cyclist) and it distracted me from the horribleness of the actual running! On the second lap when I got into a group at my speed there was nothing to keep my mind off the running and the feeling of my right calf turning to stone. But all in all I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Hi - thinking about doing the 10km version this year. Was there any issues with the distance last year? Seem to recall a race which was only about 9.4km due to not being able to close roads?

From this thread it doesnt seem to have been this one but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

From looking at the Phoenix park events page it's down for the 14th of December this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Hi - thinking about doing the 10km version this year. Was there any issues with the distance last year? Seem to recall a race which was only about 9.4km due to not being able to close roads?

Course was a 5k loop x 2. Distance was good.

Advertisement