Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did anybody on here ever tell their boss to go

• 27-09-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Did anybody ever tell their boss or manager to fcuk off , or do they know somebody that did? I don't mean as a joke, I mean the real .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yes. But it doesn't have the same effect when you work for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

I am the boss , im ****ed off and ****ed over by govt depts regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

I did, a number of years ago, thick arrogant prick that he was.
    He pushed me too far one day, and I told him exactly what I thought of him and told him he as a horrible, ungrateful person and impossible to work with.
    I then got a call from his wife who totally agreed with me.
    Went and packed up my car that even, drove, got on the boat and came home!!!
    I was kinda liberating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I knew a guy who worked for Hertz in Cork Airport for about 6 months.

Did the interview, got the job - all was rosy. Do you have a full driving license? - "'Course I do Boss - I'll bring it in on Monday". After being asked countless times he eventually got pissed off with the job (moving lots of new expensive cars around the country) and stapled his provisional license and his uniform to the Bosses door, with a little FU note.

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I have done much, much worse than that. Doesn't everyone?

(I do tend to forget other people don't work in tattoo parlors...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I did, by accident, I called his number, got the voicemail, thought I hung up, actually hadn't. Gave a full and frank account of what I thought of him to the windscreen, heard the "beep" of the voicemail length ending..... he was not impressed, so I repeated it to him, live this time. Worked for myself ever since. Best voicemail ever, IMO. Didn't seem that way at the time though, in fairness..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I had a friend that told his boss in a pub to stick his job and stormed out, only to have to creep back in meekly about 10 seconds later and say "just getting me coat". It ruined the whole telling off the boss scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm not in the habit of talking to myself OP. . . . . yet.

My boss was "very disappointed in me" and I told him I was equally disappointed in him. He told me not to bother showing up for work the next weekend, and I told him I had no intention of it.

He treated all his staff like sh*t anyway, and he's been in the news a lot in the last few years, only last week I heard he'd been arrested again. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

did it once when i was much younger and it ended up working,after a cooling off period of a few days she apologized to me which i couldn't believe! have much greater respect now because of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Neadine wrote: »
    I did, a number of years ago, thick arrogant prick that he was.
    He pushed me too far one day, and I told him exactly what I thought of him and told him he as a horrible, ungrateful person and impossible to work with.
    I then got a call from his wife who totally agreed with me.
    Went and packed up my car that even, drove, got on the boat and came home!!!
    I was kinda liberating!!

did ya give her one? wouldve been the perfect way to get back at him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

As a teenager I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

sonic85 wrote: »
    did ya give her one? wouldve been the perfect way to get back at him!

Funnily enough NO. Might have something to do with me being female, and straight, and not wanting to ever again me near anything that prick has had contact with.
    But when I told her what an impossible prick he was she completely agreed with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

No, but I've often felt like saying it to employees.

Do your fooking job and stop moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

That's interesting , I never thought of it like that, how many boss,s out there have wanted to tell their staff to f off , because they let them down or took the pee , but couldn't because they're in a position of authority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Lucky enough to have a boss that actually doesnt treat me like a cúnt.

That's interesting , I never thought of it like that, how many boss,s out there have wanted to tell their staff to f off , because they let them down or took the pee , but couldn't because they're in a position of authority

Employees have all the rights, employers have very few.

Warning letters me hole, if you can't do your job or miss every second monday, you don't deserve your job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

No but I stomped my foot and gave him the Nazi salute. Actions speak louder than words.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Yes, I used to work in a corner shop during school around 7 years ago. You know the ones with the family home in the back. Anyway shopowner and wife were crazy and used to call me rhubarb because I have ginger hair. He used to crud flem on the kitchen table and expect me to to clean table with it as said it was the best cleaner. He also was too lazy to go upstairs and pissed in a drain in the kitchen. This man was about 70 and used to bring me into sitting room as well and tell me to sit down so he could abuse me for a while. I only laughed it off cause I was 15 and pay was good and got 35+ hours a week even when school was on. Sometimes when customers were in the shop he'd stand grunting in front of the till and they'd get freaked out and leave and then give out to me for not serving them. As long as he didn't put his hands on me I wouldn't give a feck what he said to me. Theres tons of other stuff as well but too much to write here!!! Anyone one day I put the cigarettes in the wrong place to stack away, grabbed me by the neck and told him to shove his job up his arse and go **** himself and was suing him. Next day he rang and apologized and said sorry that he's dying of cancer and has six months to live and it will never happen again. I think if anyone here is from Kilkenny they will know the shop I'm on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Many, many times I've told my various bosses to get stuffed, eff off, whatever.

Most memorable one was working in "Crazy Prices", Tesco as it's called now, I was leaving anyway for another job and with a week left to go, I was put on trash compactor duty (a new made-up job specially for me, lovely!), so I marched into the managers office, ripped off the jumper, ripped off the trousers, and walked out through the store and the shopping centre half naked!

Working for myself nowadays, so much easier than dealing with some people's need to "knock you down a peg or two!" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

what? surely thats what being in a position of authority means? in my place of work most of the supervisors are lazy pricks and they let the other lazy pricks under them get away with murder. its fooking ridiculous really

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Many, many times I've told my various bosses to get stuffed, eff off, whatever.

Most memorable one was working in "Crazy Prices", Tesco as it's called now, I was leaving anyway for another job and with a week left to go, I was put on trash compactor duty (a new made-up job specially for me, lovely!), so I marched into the managers office, ripped off the jumper, ripped off the trousers, and walked out through the store and the shopping centre half naked!

Working for myself nowadays, so much easier than dealing with some people's need to "knock you down a peg or two!" :rolleyes:

That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. You gave up your reference because of something minimal as that? It just sounds like you don't like working for other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

I tell my boss to go **** himself regularly.

I work for my brother though so it's a bit different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yup, walked out of a job on a complete prick of a manager once, best feeling ever.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

No, but I told him to fcuk himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Oh many times!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I tell my boss to go **** himself regularly.

I work for my brother though so it's a bit different...

Nepotism!

I walked out of a place after taking a lot of abuse. One of the best decisions I've ever made.
    Since then I've heard that every single person I had a problem with have been pushed out of the place or moved to elsewhere, so I know I wasn't nuts.
    I hear things are better their now but it's a bit late for me.
    I had words with the boss before and after.

areyawell wrote: »
    That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. You gave up your reference because of something minimal as that? It just sounds like you don't like working for other people

Seventeen years ago? Yeah, I wonder if I should go back and ask for one now! :pac:

If you read my post, you would've seen that I had another job already, I informed my manager, who then put me standing beside a stinking trash compactor for what would've been a week if I'd stayed there. I'd have had no problem with it had it been an actual job that somebody did trash compactor duty, but it wasn't. It was a made up job that he had made up on the spot because I was leaving.

If you allow yourself to be treated like shìt, then don't be surprised when you are indeed treated like shìt. I've worked for many employers since that I still have fantastic relationships with to this day, just this one particular individual was all.

You're right about one thing though- being self employed is a thousand times more fulfilling than working for somebody else. A thousand times more headaches too, but swings and roundabouts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

My little bro did nothing in a job I got him for 3 months. He sat in the jacks smokin weed all day . The bossd knock on the door and hed roar **** off im havin a ****e . When he finally got sacked he intimidated the boss with his motorbike helmet .
    Most uncomfortanble moment ever . Turning up for work the next mornin and the boss askin you out for lunch tryin to get info whether his life was under threat.

• Advertisement

Hey Micky

So you're a Boss. Well whoopdewhoo

Fuck Off

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

not really, I told him i had morning bear n just left?

take some responsibility, when abandoning your responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I took a massive step down (relatively) since going to uni. I'm not prepared to take **** from anyone above me like I did when working my way up. I'm not prepared to break the law or working time directive and I'm not going to be treated in a way I would not have accepted an employee to be treated when I was a manager.

So yea, I have told one manager to **** off several times. Once he tried to tell me he could pack out a pallet faster than me and spent an hour having a go at me. I let rip at him and pointed out everything he had done wrong in the past week. I had spent the week covering his ass so knew well what a balls he was making.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

A boss i worked with offered a friend of mine a fight.

Friend at the time was 60, boss about 40, so he didn't take it it.

I was in my bosses office about another matter, so i said, and this boss and i hated each other, by the way, if you ever offer me a fight i won't turn you down.

He was a full bully, but he knew i would have buried him, the cowardly bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

.....standing beside a stinking trash compactor for what would've been a week if I'd stayed there. I'd have had no problem with it had it been an actual job that somebody did trash compactor duty, but it wasn't. It was a made up job that he had made up on the spot because I was leaving.

You missed out on a sweet going there man.I always had to do compactor duty in Crazy Prices because either the trainee manager was a geebag who had it in for me or I did a good job.

It turned out to be quite good because any returns we had we were told to empty the contents into the compactor and the just the packets were sent back to the wholesalers.

I never ate so many sweets and biscuits in me life, even got booze the odd time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Yes. But it doesn't have the same effect when you work for yourself.

likewise. ive been telling myself to fuck off since 2004 but its not the same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Did anybody ever tell their boss or manager to fcuk off , or do they know somebody that did? I don't mean as a joke, I mean the real .

I told a chef to shove a job up his arse and threw an apron at him and walked out of his kitchen when i was about 21...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Years ago asked one in particular if he would like to step into the car park to sort things out.

Never had any bother with him after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

areyawell wrote: »
    Yes, I used to work in a corner shop during school around 7 years ago. You know the ones with the family home in the back. Anyway shopowner and wife were crazy and used to call me rhubarb because I have ginger hair. He used to crud flem on the kitchen table and expect me to to clean table with it as said it was the best cleaner. He also was too lazy to go upstairs and pissed in a drain in the kitchen. This man was about 70 and used to bring me into sitting room as well and tell me to sit down so he could abuse me for a while. I only laughed it off cause I was 15 and pay was good and got 35+ hours a week even when school was on. Sometimes when customers were in the shop he'd stand grunting in front of the till and they'd get freaked out and leave and then give out to me for not serving them. As long as he didn't put his hands on me I wouldn't give a feck what he said to me. Theres tons of other stuff as well but too much to write here!!! Anyone one day I put the cigarettes in the wrong place to stack away, grabbed me by the neck and told him to shove his job up his arse and go **** himself and was suing him. Next day he rang and apologized and said sorry that he's dying of cancer and has six months to live and it will never happen again. I think if anyone here is from Kilkenny they will know the shop I'm on about.

Sounds like a place I used to work in Drogheda.

D1stant wrote: »
    Hey Micky

So you're a Boss. Well whoopdewhoo

It's not all it's cracked up to be. And the day is soon coming when I will never employ a person directly again. Contracting is the only way to fly.
    Fuck Off

Charmin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Told one of my bosses that I was sick of him, told him he was a ba****d and that I couldn't deal with his moodswings anymore and that my name was Karona and to stop calling me like a dog( he kept saying "here you")

He came to me 5 minutes later and apolagised! I was delighted with myself because it brought him down a peg or two.

• Advertisement

stmol32 wrote: »
    .....standing beside a stinking trash compactor for what would've been a week if I'd stayed there. I'd have had no problem with it had it been an actual job that somebody did trash compactor duty, but it wasn't. It was a made up job that he had made up on the spot because I was leaving.

You missed out on a sweet going there man.I always had to do compactor duty in Crazy Prices because either the trainee manager was a geebag who had it in for me or I did a good job.

It turned out to be quite good because any returns we had we were told to empty the contents into the compactor and the just the packets were sent back to the wholesalers.

I never ate so many sweets and biscuits in me life, even got booze the odd time too.

Facking legend! :pac:

I did it for two and a half days, but all I ever seemed to get was the fruit and veg that had gone off in the cages and crushing the soggy cardboard boxes when out of nowhere you'd get a squirt of tomato seed in the eyeball! :D

I went on to do bar work after that when you could actually smoke in the bar/club, met girls, chatted with the customers, great laugh, and after clean-up you sat down and had a few cold ones, great job, love to go back to it now but I know it wouldn't be the same :(

Still, it paid my way through college! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yeah was working in a bar, sadly it was only for a couple of days, the lads working there said whenever the manager is around to stay out of his way.

so I was talking to a customer like I thought a barman should be doing when I was called in and told I should be cleaning tables and not talking to customers,
    then another customer came in I served him then went about cleaning tables to which the manager called me aside again to say certain customers the type we want in the pub should always be made felt special to which I to me was nonsense,
    but I wanted to learn bar so basically asked the other lads who should i suck up too, was grand then he called me aside again to which I said whats it this time, he pointed to a group of girls who were friends with the daughters owner that I should be down talking and smiling to at a fecking table,
    to which I said what the **** sort of rubbish is that, he then said think about what you saying your throwing away your future, i told him to **** himself went to walk out the door, he said i need the shirt, to which i took off threw it to him, it landed on the floor, the other lads working there said it was the best moment of there life,
    sad thing is he got sacked two weeks later and my brothers been working there since said its a great place to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Yes, in 1977 I was employed by an East London construction firm. All well for about 9 months, then they got a new surveyor - who effectively was my boss. During an altercation about measured rates, I told him to stuff the fucking job and for good measure gave him a whack which put him flying. As I packed my tools I told him to post my cheque and that if it wasn't right ........ I'd be calling to his house to find out why. It arrived the following week and cleared. Different times. If the same scenario occurred today ......... the boys in blue would be tearing through the site :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I try not to burn bridges in life as you never know when you may need to use someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

YES.

Had a polish guy that worked with us, never did a drop of work, always moaning, just a down right assh*le, Lost it one day with hime, threw my phone at his head and went for him, Needed to cool off so i left and went for a smoke, boss came out after me started shouting at me to get back in, and i just screamed FúCK YOU.

Worked in another department before this with a woman with no people skills, treated me like sh*T for 6 months, blamed everything on me, just a downright bítch, one morning before work had even started, she came threw the building and started shouting at me for no reason to get to my desk, about a half hour before my shift started, i said i have not started yet, She screamed again, So i went right up into her face and shouted F*CK YOU , YOU CU*T, She ran away crying to the owner, i was never bothered again.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

I'm leaving today and am in the process of writing a letter to the boss, outlining my grievances which have led me to leave, it won't affect my reference as I'll be getting that off my department manager (who is encouraging the writing of the letter):D

I'm making my points clear without been abusive, but I feel if I don't send this letter I'll regret it.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    YES.

Had a polish guy that worked with us, never did a drop of work, always moaning, just a down right assh*le, Lost it one day with hime, threw my phone at his head and went for him, Needed to cool off so i left and went for a smoke, boss came out after me started shouting at me to get back in, and i just screamed FúCK YOU.

Worked in another department before this with a woman with no people skills, treated me like sh*T for 6 months, blamed everything on me, just a downright bítch, one morning before work had even started, she came threw the building and started shouting at me for no reason to get to my desk, about a half hour before my shift started, i said i have not started yet, She screamed again, So i went right up into her face and shouted F*CK YOU , YOU CU*T, She ran away crying to the owner, i was never bothered again.

LOL

Yes i have.
    On more than one occasion (current boss), and a few times with previous bosses.
    I'd only ever do it when i felt justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

I worked as a pot-walloper in a busy hotel (many moons ago). There was this nob of a head chef there, loved himself and treated everybody like dirt. He would always be sleazing around the 16 year old waitresses, and would be boasting how he was going to break them in - shows his personality.
    One day there was a huge wedding on, and I was helping one of the other chef's garnishing the salmon platters cause the kitchen was mental busy. The whole kitchen gas goes off in the middle of service, and the head chef comes over to me and shouts in my face - "you ya little w@nker, did you turn off the gas". I fcuked the tray I was working at/all over him, grabbed him by the throat and shoved him up against a fridge and told him to shove his job up his fcukin hole, and he was the biggest fcukin w@nkbag I had ever met.
    I got a round of applause and cheering off the whole kitchen and waiting staff as I grabbed my coat and left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

LOL

HEHE :D I have many people skills :p Just hate being treated like poop

• Advertisement
Advertisement