Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did anybody on here ever tell their boss to go

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Did anybody on here ever tell their boss to go

I think you mean "Did anybody on here ever tell their boss where to go" and yes I have.

Not s good outcome for me, but at least I got it off my chest :))

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

I worked for a guy who was a right cnut. Small man syndrome up the kibosh. Used to roar and scream at people if he was having a bad day, which was almost every time he was in the office. He asked me to print out pictures of his latest property purchases (totally non-work related, and nothing to do with my job) so he could show his rich pals down the golf course, so I stayed back after hours to do it. He wasn’t happy with them and had a go off me, roaring and shouting, aul face reddening up etc. I told him exactly what I thought of him, and that I wasn’t going to be cowed into submission by a little bully like him. He told me that if I wasn’t happy that I could take him to the labour courts, the smug little fcuk. I replied that for him this may be a world of contracts, rules and labour courts but for me, when I clocked out at the end of the day, I was a civvie and as far as I was concerned so was he, so I’d get satisfaction one way or the other. Reading between the lines he choked and spluttered, completely taken aback and incredulous that someone would dare stand up to him and mumbled something about having a meeting to go to.

If I didn’t really badly need that job I’d have told him to stick his job up his hole and left. Don’t suppose it mattered in the end, I was let go a few months after the Chrimbo.

Timmy, if you’re reading this, may God fcuking help you if I ever see you again, you nasty little bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Worked in a camera and film supply place for 6 months and the owner was an a**hole of the highest order. Totally stuck up his own a** and what was surprising was his brother worked there too sometimes and he was the exact opposite.

After a few power trips on me which I let slide, he finally crossed the line and tried to cancel my pre-arranged holiday days off (had already booked a fortnight away when granted the holidays). Felt good telling him to stick his job when he gave me the ultimatum of 'it’s your job or your holiday, what do you want to choose?’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I'm leaving today and am in the process of writing a letter to the boss, outlining my grievances which have led me to leave, it won't affect my reference as I'll be getting that off my department manager (who is encouraging the writing of the letter):D

I'm making my points clear without been abusive, but I feel if I don't send this letter I'll regret it.

What do you hope to achieve with the letter?
    If the dept manager is in agreement with you why don't they speak to this person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Many, many times I've told my various bosses to get stuffed, eff off, whatever.

Most memorable one was working in "Crazy Prices", Tesco as it's called now, I was leaving anyway for another job and with a week left to go, I was put on trash compactor duty (a new made-up job specially for me, lovely!), so I marched into the managers office, ripped off the jumper, ripped off the trousers, and walked out through the store and the shopping centre half naked!

Working for myself nowadays, so much easier than dealing with some people's need to "knock you down a peg or two!" :rolleyes:

What an eejit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yes I have done. I'd been pushed too far one too many times and I just snapped. I told her in no uncertain terms what I thought of her and exactly where she could stick her effing job. I stormed out slamming the door behind me, feeling very empowered and chuffed with myself.

That was until on the walk home I realised that I was going to have to explain to my parents, when I got home, why I had just quit my job. I can still remember sitting in a coffee shop trying to think of ways to explain it to them. I was 18 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

What do you hope to achieve with the letter?
    If the dept manager is in agreement with you why don't they speak to this person.

funny thing is he is the one pushing me to write it, but it basically to try and make sure that in the future if others are put in the situation I faced that they're will be better procedures to follow.
    I basically had a complaint about another department manager, and nothing was done about it, so i felt I had no choice but to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SandyRamp

When I was in college I worked in a local family owned garage. The boss was notoriously mean, would only hire girls of 15 or 16, pay less than minimum wage etc. and generally make their lives a misery.

Anyway one day she rolled up in her brand new, top of the range BMW jeep she had purchased that very day, and called a staff meeting. Said she couldn't afford to keep paying us the wages we were on (a euro less than min wage) and would be dropping it by a further euro an hour.

One of the girls (the quietest of the lot) looks her up and down and says : "Ah here, would ya ever fcuk off with yourself!" Threw her apron at her and stormed out. Legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hmm I’ve had a few altercations in the past.

I've told plenty of dícks in higher position to go fúck themselves.

Worked in Ardmore studios in the kitchens and covering the sets. Worked like a slave, treated like shít and got the bare minimum. Things were boiling over with the head chef for a few months, called her a fat bítch, told her to stick the job. This was at lunch time when I’m knee deep in pots and pans.

Worked in a factory, brought out for xmas drinks. Pretty sure it was two hours free booze. We were in a function room, propped myself up at the bar as I knew the woman serving. I was drinking double and triple vodkas. As many as I could fit in the allotted time. Few choice words were apparently said, and a crossbow was mentioned? My dad had one at home. I blacked out, I was young and jobs were plenty back then. I went back to that job after the Christmas period, it was laughed off?

You should always stand up for yourself if you feel aggrieved, just don’t mix alcohol and crossbows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Marsden wrote: »
    I had a friend that told his boss in a pub to stick his job and stormed out, only to have to creep back in meekly about 10 seconds later and say "just getting me coat". It ruined the whole telling off the boss scenario.
    The exact same thing happened to me only it was a cinema where I was working.

I have also told my current boss that I would burn his house down with his family inside if he used any jobsbridge people to replace workers he had just laid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Yes. But it doesn't have the same effect when you work for yourself.

LMFAO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

cloptrop wrote: »
    My little bro did nothing in a job I got him for 3 months. He sat in the jacks smokin weed all day . The bossd knock on the door and hed roar **** off im havin a ****e . When he finally got sacked he intimidated the boss with his motorbike helmet .
    Most uncomfortanble moment ever . Turning up for work the next mornin and the boss askin you out for lunch tryin to get info whether his life was under threat.

Your brother sounds nuts cloptrop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Unlimited Bacon

I called one of my bosses a "patronizing bastard" with that mean "don't f*ck with me face" once. It done the trick and scared him. He never came near me again but a few weeks later one of the other managers in the place sacked me over something petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Your brother sounds nuts cloptrop!

Sounds like a man i'd like to party with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Where i use to work a manager's wife was pregnant. My girlfriend was pregnant at the same time. He asked me one day "seeing as your not married will you be going to England for an abortion". It took 3 people to drag me off him after I'd punched and kicked him unconscious. Quit the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Unlimited Bacon

ken wrote: »
    Where i use to work a manager's wife was pregnant. My girlfriend was pregnant at the same time. He asked me one day "seeing as your not married will you be going to England for an abortion". It took 3 people to drag me off him after I'd punched and kicked him unconscious. Quit the same day.

Tell us more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Nope, but told my boss one day that she was more or less useless.

Took me awhile to come back from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

D1stant wrote: »
    I knew a guy who worked for Hertz in Cork Airport for about 6 months.

Did the interview, got the job - all was rosy. Do you have a full driving license? - "'Course I do Boss - I'll bring it in on Monday". After being asked countless times he eventually got pissed off with the job (moving lots of new expensive cars around the country) and stapled his provisional license and his uniform to the Bosses door, with a little FU note.

Legend

Legend? sounds like a tool!

So, he lied about qualifications for a job to get it, then when asked for evidence of these non existent qualifications he got all indignant and quit. But not only did he quit he was an as'shole about it and also left his provisional behind (that'll show that boss).
    Sounds like a right hero alright :rolleyes:

I have also told my current boss that I would burn his house down with his family inside if he used any jobsbridge people to replace workers he had just laid off.

Are you a scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Just over 2 years ago, came head to head with my boss who although we never clicked, we learned to tolerate each other well until this day, we were rubbung each up the wrong way all day so not only did I call him every curse name I could think of bit decided to make a scene and storm out. Was well embarassed when I realised I had left my handbag and keys behind me and had to go back in and get them. Not a proud moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Did the interview, got the job - all was rosy. Do you have a full driving license? - "'Course I do Boss - I'll bring it in on Monday". After being asked countless times he eventually got pissed off with the job (moving lots of new expensive cars around the country) and stapled his provisional license and his uniform to the Bosses door, with a little FU note.

Legend

Gas man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Are you a scumbag?
    No, by daytime I'm a mild mannered janitor but at night I patrol the mean streets of this broken city as The Avenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

This one time my c*nt of a boss asked me where the toilets were. I told that ****er to go down the hall, push through the second door on the left and it's just past the motha****in' water fountain.

Taught him a lesson or two.

He never asked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Nichololas wrote: »
    This one time my c*nt of a boss asked me where the toilets were. I told that ****er to go down the hall, push through the second door on the left and it's just past the motha****in' water fountain.

Taught him a lesson or two.

He never asked again.

That reminds me of the time my boss asked me how my progress was going with this project I was working on. Well, I tore him a new one. I told him to **** off and stop cramping my style and asked him to step outside (once I clocked out of course) to sort it out like men if he wanted.

I then proceeded to have anal sex with him while my co-workers cheered me on.

He was actually decent enough about it afterwards and called me to apologise.

The boss's niece texted me a few days after the incident and agreed that he was an overbearing pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

That reminds me of the time my boss asked me how my progress was going with this project I was working on. Well, I tore him a new one. I told him to **** off and stop cramping my style and asked him to step outside (once I clocked out of course) to sort it out like men if he wanted.

I then proceeded to have anal sex with him while my co-workers cheered me on.

He was actually decent enough about it afterwards and called me to apologise.

The boss's niece texted me a few days after the incident and agreed that he was an overbearing pig.

Well, that escalated quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I worked with someone whom I got on well with until she was promoted to office manager. We had a flexible attitude to what time we would go to lunch at as long as it was between 12 and 2pm and only was an hour. I was working away and even though I would usually go for lunch at 12.30, because I was so wrapped up in what I was doing I didnt notice that it was about 1pm. The "boss" hadn't gone for lunch and was on the phone so I waved at her to let her know I was going. When I came back in just before 2pm she called me into her office which was only really a thin divider wall from the front of the public office and started shouting at me that she had been meant to meet a client at 1.30pm and because I wasn't there and the receptionist had gone for lunch, she couldnt leave. She had not told me about this meeting and I was really shocked.

A woman had come into the front office and was chatting at the reception when the Boss started going mental at me and screaming more and more about the fact that she was "the manager". I very calmly said "I may not know much about management but I do know its not appropriate to scream in your staff's face in front of clients." I got up and went back to my desk and she followed me still screaming at me so I packed my stuff into my bag and told her I wasn't going to be talked to like that and left.

The boss from head office rang me about an hour later to beg me to come back and they would sort it out and I said there was no way I could work with a witch like that. It helped that this was a Thursday and I had my letter of resignation printed out with the intention of handing it in the next day to work 2 weeks notice so got a bit of a holiday too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

Drunk at Christmas party told my boss she was the biggest living bitch i'd ever worked for. Listed everything she'd ever done what I thought of her and what the rest thought. Next day in work she appoligised to us all!! It lasted a month of her being nice then she reverted back to being a bitch. One busy day we were out the door with work and she started on us I snapped said it all again walked out! Owner rang next day asked me back moved her to another department. It has made me a better manager I would never talk or treat a nyone the way she did

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Many moons ago, i was working For a Large Department store in South Dublin, in the furniture section. the head of the company's nephew was working with me there putting together furniture for display. It was leaving cert results day, and he was off, I was trying to build a King size bed, when one of the managers* came over and was started hasselling me and was like "why isnt this done yet?!?" (i'd just started it)

Told her to **** off and leave me work in peace for while

to which she wimpered a reply. "i'll... i'll check up on you when your done"

needless to say, never got hasselled again :pac:

*absolutely lovely girl, see her in town the odd time. One of them people where the companys their life,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yeah. Worked in a toy store. The Nintendo DS Lite was going on sale, we had been taking pre-bookings for months. We had told everyone who was too late to pre-order that they were free to come in on launch day at 2pm to try and get one that wasn't picked up.

My boss ordered us to start selling to people an hour early so I told him to F**k off and refused. Didn't get fired but also didn't win the argument. Was just told to ensure we kept an eye on the list of pre-bookings and to stop selling to general public if we got down to only having 50 or so left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Legend

More like a fucking eejit than a legend if you ask me......Did he have to go back to ask for his licence when he realised he needed it the next time.

Either that or your mate is making shit up. He got a job with a car hire firm and got fed up when he realised he had to move cars from A to B........hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheFruitarian

I'm over a few hundred people and would never tell them to fcuk off. Purely out of fear of being sectioned.

/Grave digger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Had an accident in work a year or so ago.

Ended up talking to the PIAB about it. When the job found out, the HR manager of the company pulled me into a meeting with no witness. Proceeded to accuse me of lying about my injuries and exaggerating my medical reports for money (how I could exaggerate them when three doctors wrote them is beyond me!). Cue me telling her to shut up until she'd calmed down. This píssed her off, so she told me she'd be refuting the assessment and not allowing it to go ahead. 'Right so, píss off and I'll see you in court,' says I.

3 days later, the company made me a large monetary offer. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

areyawell wrote: »
    This man was about 70 and used to bring me into sitting room as well and tell me to sit down so he could abuse me for a while.

There is a name for men like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

I did once I can only take so much being barked at by an old crow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bodgix

I didnt tell the boss to f**k off, I only poured a pint of water over his head. And it wasnt for a joke and he wasnt happy and all I could say 'ah are you all wet' - thats when I was younger and bolder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Only on one occasion when I was blamed for something I didn't do, it takes a lot for me to loose my temper but being accused in the wrong really grinds my gears.

Told the manager to f off and stormed out.

I was lucky though as I got another job soon afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Had a complete twat of a boss when I was around 17. Manager of a supermarket, he was a real David Brent type but actually malicious with it. He actually grabbed me by the arm a couple of times and marched me over to whatever aisle spill or other international incident needing sorting. He took his job as seriously as a brain surgeon. Oh, how I wish my 30 year old self could have met him.
    Sadly he was moved on by senior management about a month before I left myself so I never got to shít in his desk drawer, or whatever it is all you rebels do in this situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

"Go fück yourself, you fücking rhinoceros" I believe we're the words I used, before I made my permanent exit from the kip. Cutting a long story short, big fat vile daughter of the companys owner, and one lazy cünt to boot. I was doing her work and my own because she kept fücking off on shopping trips and hitting the hairdressers. Not that it made any difference to her appearance. She was so fat she'd put dent in a bus but her layers of fat would ensure she walked away unscathed.

Anyway, she probably got an earful off me that day that everyone else was afraid to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

well...

instead of f+++ off i used " take a walk and leave me to do my job"

• Advertisement

Erper wrote: »
    well...

instead of f+++ off i used " take a walk and leave me to do my job"
    You badass you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

Abi wrote: »

i mean, i could say so many things...
    that he is lazy, useless bastard, who takes his shirt off before store manager show up...

just trying to be nice :)

Erper wrote: »
    Abi wrote: »

i mean, i could say so many things...
    that he is lazy, useless bastard, who takes his shirt off before store manager show up...

just trying to be nice :)
    Being nice is what got me gradually doing all the rhinos work for her. I don't go out of my way to be nasty to anyone, but she had no problem with it herself. I get where you're coming from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

Once worked in a place where I was dating the manager, told her to f*ck off (broke up with her) and quit the job in one sentence... Dumb move it took me 5 months to get another job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Not my boss, but once told a customer fcuk off. I was working in a restaurant about 15 years ago on a very busy bank holiday monday evening, we were running out of specials as you do without a delivery on a bank holiday and was trying to explain to a man that there were one or two things off the menu.
    He was a kranky cúnt. Stood up and squared up to me demanding answers as to why he couldn't get what he wanted at the top of his voice. I though he was going to hit me! Told him to fcuk off and walked away from him. He followed me and demanded he speak to the manager.

I was the manager:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

jessiejam wrote: »
    Not my boss, but once told a customer fcuk off. I was working in a restaurant about 15 years ago on a very busy bank holiday monday evening, we were running out of specials as you do without a delivery on a bank holiday and was trying to explain to a man that there were one or two things off the menu.
    He was a kranky cúnt. Stood up and squared up to me demanding answers as to why he couldn't get what he wanted at the top of his voice. I though he was going to hit me! Told him to fcuk off and walked away from him. He followed me and demanded he speak to the manager.

I was the manager:o

Where I worked we had a policy that if anyone used violence or was about to assault you you should get them out of the store then call the police. This basically meant that you could drag out anyone without them having hit you first... they have since removed that from training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Yes, I read my boss the riot act one day when he did something that wasn't fair. I was shaking with temper. I didn't care one bit if he sacked me or not, but guess what, he went out in his car, cooled off and rang me from the car and apologised. I couldn't believe it. I just think that he felt guilty but boy did I have a great sense of relief after the rant as I knew that I was in the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I've never to this date told a boss of mine to **** off..tho my current boss had pushed me so close at times. She's useless at everything takes too many days off is there when she is not needed and not there when she is. Spends half her day drinking coffee and is on a constant power trip.. Also I'm working there longer than she is and she doesn't like the fact that I know more than she does..

In a previous job I had I was called a little prick by my manager at the time ( and agroant **** who though the sun shone from this ass crack) after I questioned a decision he made and then pointed out a substantial list of flaws in his work and things that could be improved..he concluded to tell me to **** off and not come back.. About a week later I got a phoneall from the owner of the company begging me to come back and to drop the unfair dismissal claim against the company.. I ended up negotiating a pay rise..an extra 2 weeks paid holidays and an apology from the manager in front of all the staff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

U_Fig wrote: »
    I've never to this date told a boss of mine to **** off..tho my current boss had pushed me so close at times. She's useless at everything takes too many days off is there when she is not needed and not there when she is. Spends half her day drinking coffee and is on a constant power trip.. Also I'm working there longer than she is and she doesn't like the fact that I know more than she does..

In a previous job I had I was called a little prick by my manager at the time ( and agroant **** who though the sun shone from this ass crack) after I questioned a decision he made and then pointed out a substantial list of flaws in his work and things that could be improved..he concluded to tell me to **** off and not come back.. About a week later I got a phoneall from the owner of the company begging me to come back and to drop the unfair dismissal claim against the company.. I ended up negotiating a pay rise..an extra 2 weeks paid holidays and an apology from the manager in front of all the staff..

That's very cool

Advertisement