Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC remote control help

• 27-09-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have the grey UPC Thomson box ( standard def. ) Lately the remote control is very poor - the batteries are fine. The volume buttons only work every so often, when changing channel the third digit is often not read in.
    My question is, would it be worth my while buying a Logitect harmony remote to try and replace the UPC one?
    Is the remote 100% to blame?
    Worth my while asking UPC for a new box? would it help at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Id try getting onto UPC first; its their equipment and if its faulty its up to them to replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

This happens on mine sometimes, I open it up & clean it.
    Dirt builds up on the rubber keypads & it usually works fine after a good clean out.

I don't think UPC will replace the remote control free of charge.

Advertisement