Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well Done Aniar!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Seaneh wrote: »
    The star is awarded for the quality of the food.
    The star indicates that the food is up there with the best restaurants in the world.

Given the company they keep in the world of Michelin stars they are relatively cheap, in fact, the fact that you can get a 3 course dinner for less than €50 in a michelin starred kitchen is phenomenal value.

The fact that you can get a 4 course tasting menu from between €45 and €55 (depending on the menu on the night) is insanity by michelin starred pricing standards.

You aren't eating the star, but the star was awarded for a reason. The food is exceptional.

I realise that Seaneh. I know what the star is for. Fact that Aniar have kept their prices the same speaks to their quality imo.
    The point I was making is that the food was likely *as* good before they got the star as after.
    I think I've talked about Michelin star restaurants before, and how people go because of the star not the food and end up disappointed as they didn't particularly like the cuisine and thought they *should*. The food SHOULD be the be all and end all. The star is an indication of the quality. At the end of the day the food is what people want. Price should be relative to quality and service. The star helps business and indicates quality, that's it.

I have to laugh at people only darkening the doors of great restaurants once an accolade is given, despite prior recommendations from people who they'd trust too. Good food gets my star at the end of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

inisboffin wrote: »
    I realise that Seaneh. I know what the star is for. Fact that Aniar have kept their prices the same speaks to their quality imo.
    The point I was making is that the food was likely *as* good before they got the star as after.
    I think I've talked about Michelin star restaurants before, and how people go because of the star not the food and end up disappointed as they didn't particularly like the cuisine and thought they *should*. The food SHOULD be the be all and end all. The star is an indication of the quality. At the end of the day the food is what people want. Price should be relative to quality and service. The star helps business and indicates quality, that's it.

I have to laugh at people only darkening the doors of great restaurants once an accolade is given, despite prior recommendations from people who they'd trust too. Good food gets my star at the end of the day.

Valid points really.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

jenno86 wrote: »
    Do you have some affiliation to Aniar?

Please not this crap again..

Can we have a rule where you report a suspected shill rather than derailing every restaurant thread with the spanish inquisition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Please not this crap again..

Can we have a rule where you report a suspected shill rather than derailing every restaurant thread with the spanish inquisition?

:rolleyes: I don't want to report him, he contributing a lot of info to the thread.

Get down off your high horse.

Do you have some affiliation to Aniar?

Not even a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Seaneh wrote: »
    Not even a little.

Cool, you do seem to know them by their first names tho, thats why I thought.

I was going to ask if business had gone up much since the award.

Cool, you do seem to know them by their first names tho, thats why I thought.

I was going to ask if business had gone up much since the award.

I have friends in common with a few of the staff, but I don't actually know any of them personally beyond a "how are ya" now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

All the best to Enda :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I had the tasting menu with wine there last Friday.. super pricey but still excellent value considering what it's equivalent would cost in Dublin.

Oh good god it was excellent, just course after course of delightful food. The didn't have the salmon so we got flash-cured mackerel instead which was the highlight of the meal and I normally hate mackerel. I usually don't have a desert but the pannacotta was out of this world.

Highly recommend it as a gastronomic treat for people who love great food cooked perfectly.

Advertisement