Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help- Replaced iPhone 4 screen but a few probs

• 28-09-2012 8:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

I replaced my iPhone 4 screen last night.
    I followed a YouTube vid and all went well ( I thought )

The wifi now is very weak. It only kicks in when I'm in the same room as modem/router.
    Second problem is the camera flash not working. The camera works fine just no flash .
    Could anyone tell me the exact parts to check as I don't fancy taking all those nasty horrible tiny screws.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/diPxJJbPrKTKJUSq.standard
    All these screws need to be in place and the metal clip on the green screw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/diPxJJbPrKTKJUSq.standard
    All these screws need to be in place and the metal clip on the green screw

Thanks Cathal.
    If I lost a screw are they easy to get?
    I may have put a wrong size screw in somewhere.
    Thanks

Edit- I found somewhere that i can buy the screws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

iggy wrote: »
    I replaced my iPhone 4 screen last night.
    I followed a YouTube vid and all went well ( I thought )

The wifi now is very weak. It only kicks in when I'm in the same room as modem/router.
    Second problem is the camera flash not working. The camera works fine just no flash .
    Could anyone tell me the exact parts to check as I don't fancy taking all those nasty horrible tiny screws.
    Thanks

The wifi is directly related to the clip attached to the screw circled in green in the image that cathal linked in his post. Even if you have the clip attached u can get issues it it is not in the correct place. Happened to me when I replaced mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Bazsutto wrote: »
    The wifi is directly related to the clip attached to the screw circled in green in the image that cathal linked in his post. Even if you have the clip attached u can get issues it it is not in the correct place. Happened to me when I replaced mine.

that same screw is the longest out of the 5

Advertisement