Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Restaurant or venue in Killarney

Options
  • 28-09-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Hope you can help me please. I am organising a day and night event in Killarney in a few weeks.

There will be around 30 of us and we are looking for a restaurant that evening with a private room that will hold all of us for a nice meal, full bar would be nice too. Open to suggestions of rooms in hotels you have been to too.

Earlier in the day we are doing a bit of a pub crawl by coach, not sure the streets of Killarney could cope with that so open to any suggestions of where we could drive out too and work our way back pub by pub to get back to Killarney for dinner later.

Pure random request I know, but any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I like Chapter 40 in New Street but I don't know about the private room. Its a nice spot though. If you want a private room I reckon you will have to choose a hotel.

For the pub crawl How about starting in Cahersiveen - any number of good pubs there including the Anchor Bar in the middle of the town with the public car park behind it for your coach. Then head for Kells and have a pint in Caitins overlooking Dingle Bay. Your next stop would be Glenbeigh - maybe the Towers? After that you could divert to Cromane for a pint in Jacks, and then into Killorglin. Plenty of choice there. Then head for Beaufort for your final stop before getting back to Killarney.

Word of advice - Google all your stops and double-check by phone that they will be open during the afternoon, its getting late in the year for some.

Dinner might be a bit much after all that though??:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

murphym7 wrote: »
    Hope you can help me please. I am organising a day and night event in Killarney in a few weeks.

There will be around 30 of us and we are looking for a restaurant that evening with a private room that will hold all of us for a nice meal, full bar would be nice too. Open to suggestions of rooms in hotels you have been to too.

Earlier in the day we are doing a bit of a pub crawl by coach, not sure the streets of Killarney could cope with that so open to any suggestions of where we could drive out too and work our way back pub by pub to get back to Killarney for dinner later.

Pure random request I know, but any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

sounds like fun! dunno bout a resturante but defo go to the grand hotel for a few pints, live music. l love the place!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Thanks lads, I'll have a look into them. We have done this in the states a good few times. We get a party bus, everyone picks a bar and the person the party is being thrown for gets veto rights, complicated rules around punsihments for picking dodgy bars etc......

Land on for a meal later that night then and some singing. Good craic. Killarney is next!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

I'd recommend Hannigans in the International Hotel for grub & pints in the evening... great food there and of course a full bar , and they would be able to handle your group size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement