Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Upgrade & iTunes

• 28-09-2012 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi all,

Getting the new iPhone5 today, upgrading from iPhone4. Just a few questions, im hoping you may be able to help me with.

1. I synced my phone to my parents laptop over a year ago and since then have purchased music on iTunes via my phone. When I change phones will I lose all these or is it just a matter of logging in and downloading again? - whats the best way around this?

2. Anyway of saving my Apps – or am I resigned to losing them all?

3. Similar kinda question to No.2 – for videos and photos – am I best to download to laptop and then reload back to new phone?

Very basic questions, but would be grateful for any help, thanks a million in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You should get a mod to move this to the Apple forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

moved - as if by magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Getting the new iPhone5 today, upgrading from iPhone4. Just a few questions, im hoping you may be able to help me with.

1. I synced my phone to my parents laptop over a year ago and since then have purchased music on iTunes via my phone. When I change phones will I lose all these or is it just a matter of logging in and downloading again? - whats the best way around this?

2. Anyway of saving my Apps – or am I resigned to losing them all?

3. Similar kinda question to No.2 – for videos and photos – am I best to download to laptop and then reload back to new phone?

Very basic questions, but would be grateful for any help, thanks a million in advance.

Just back it up to your own computer using iTunes and once you get your 5,restore it from the backup instead of setting up as a "new iPhone"

Should be ok then!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    Just back it up to your own computer using iTunes and once you get your 5,restore it from the backup instead of setting up as a "new iPhone"

Should be ok then!

But beware, you may have to authorise your new computer to accept the new purchases from this iPhone.

Plug it in, authorise the PC, transfer purchases, then do a sync and back up.

Then, plug in new phone, restore from back up as previously posted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And your music will have to be manually loaded from CDs, MP3's etc. back into iTunes, and put back on your new phone.

(Or if you are an iCloud subscriber can you do it that way?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement