Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy oxtail in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-09-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there! I've been in Dublin for about 5 months ago now, and I'm really craving some pho the way I remember it. It seems apparent I won't be able to find it here, so I decided that I'm going to make some!

What I need are some cuts of beef that I haven't been able to find around where I live (Smithfield). What I'm looking for is:

Beef shin (1.5kg)
    Oxtail (1kg)
    Beef Chuck (500g)
    Beef Brisket (500g)

Chuck and brisket are probably the most common out of these ... but also they're the least important to the recipe.

I'm hoping that where ever I can buy shin and oxtail I can get the other cuts as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Any good butchers should be able to order in (or prepare) specific cuts of meat for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You should be able to pick them up easily enough in FX Buckley's & one of the other butchers on Moore Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have you tried F.X. Buckley on Moore Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Snap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tydel

Thanks! I realise it seems like a simple question (and answer) ... I just don't know of any good/reputable butchers in city center. Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Buckley's on Moore St or the Asia Market on Drury Street. The Asian shops are often good for fish or cuts of meat that you wouldn't usually get.

Advertisement