Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Nappies

Options
  • 28-09-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Could he be teething? I've been told that this can affect the consistency of their poo and the number of times they go.

Are you putting him in any particularly new child seat etc.

We have a babybjorn bouncer which we find brilliant, however it is more likely to produce leaked nappies as it conforms very tightly around the babies bum.

Just my thoughts, hope they help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I used lidl nappies recently after using aldi for almost a year. My son never leaks but he was constantly leaking from the lidl ones. We went back to aldi and there's been no leaking. I don't know why but perhaps the aldi ones fit him better.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I use Lidl nappies - tbh, I think all the brands leak sometimes, especially when they get more wiggly - they really GRIND that poo around! :D The first nappy to leak on me was a pampers one that we got as gifts, and I went back to Lidl ones after that.

With the lidl ones, I moved up one size and it helped contain things a bit more. He is on Toujours size 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

We've used Aldi nappies for ages without any problems.

Last week we got some in Lidl. We had nighttime leaks so we decided to go back to the Aldi ones but they have leaked every night for the last 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I use lidl too. have noticed that they have been leaking at night every now and then. using pampers at night but they leak too. ds is 15 months and his nappies are completely sodden in the mornings. moved up to size 5 but still have the odd leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Have my 6th month old in Lidl size 3 nappies. So far so good, never had a leak using them. The only nappy that ever leaked on me were Pampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Different nappies are different shapes. We were in huggies at the start until they kept turning into a wedgy! then pampers baby dry, then active-fit, and then back to huggies again. Kids grow, change shape. The nappies don't. We change brands as we go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I get pampers when there on offer but normally use tesco or aldi's. i thought the pampers were a little thin but didnt have many leaks. However about a month ago started to leak every night regardless of what nappy i had on her. She was in size 2's at the time and they werent holding enough so got some size 3s and they leaked also because they were 2 big. I resorted to changing her just before i went to bed but she still leaked most nights. The 3's finally fitting now and havent had a leak in about a week. As Pwurple said its the babies that are changing not the nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

the huggies nappies are a wider fit, pampers are better for straight waist/bum shapes... i've never used the lidl nappies but leaking is usually a sign you need to go up a size.. especially at night..;) different shapes and sizes as was said.. i do have leaking issues with all nappy brand during teething .. he doesn't poo he explodes and nothing could contain it :D and i have discovered after one of his sisters gave him a chocolate chip cookie.. he explodes then too :O

I use huggies and pampers when on special and recently bought a box of active fit for my youngest.. (11 months) turns out he's allergic to the elastic around the leg.. he came out in a very spotty rash and it nearly drove us mad with him waking at night with an itchy bum.. :eek: he's fine in the pampers baby dry and huggies :rolleyes: took me a few days to figure out what was causing it.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Almost off thread...but..
    I was reading this morning that the Japanese Factory that makes 20% of the worlds nappy polymer has gone on fire.
    They are saying this will lead to a nappy shortage.:eek:

Advertisement