Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear immigration in DUB when not flying direct to US?

Options
  • 28-09-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    If I'm flying to the US from Dublin, but not direct (say via AMS), can I still clear immigration in Dublin, like if I was flying direct?
    Thanks,
    /M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect not, as you may also be clearing customs and agricultural inspections. You may even be going from the wrong terminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The answer is No.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Not a chance. As Victor says above, there's more than just immigration, they also ask if you're carrying any fruit, meat or veg. on behalf of the US Dept. of Ag.

As soon as you clear the US officials in Dublin you are effectively quarantined and kept separate from other passengers not flying direct to the US so travelling to a non-US airport is not an option.

There are options for expedited clearance if coming from certain airports and you have registered for the Trusted Traveller Program, check out this official US CBP website http://www.globalentry.gov/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

If you can fly direct. I had a 2.5 hour wait at immigration in Kennedy last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    If you can, fly direct. I had a 2.5 hour wait at immigration in Kennedy last week!

Tweet that to @DublinAirport, they'd love to hear it.

BTW, I inserted a comma in your quote. I hope you don't mind but it does make it more readable on the first scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

coylemj wrote: »
    Tweet that to @DublinAirport, they'd love to hear it.

BTW, I inserted a comma in your quote. I hope you don't mind but it does make it more readable on the first scan.

Thank you for being so pedantic. Twitter:D

Advertisement