Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non payment of wages

Options
  • 28-09-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I wasn't paid the full amount in my last pay packet and I'm afraid that when my employer corects the error I will have to pay a higher amount of tax than I should have to seeing as though I being paid an increased amount.

Is this something I can prevent, or is there a law stating I should not suffer a loss of earnings due to their mistake?

Can anybody offer any assistance? Thanking you!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can request a tax review next year; if you overpaid you'll get back the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dee44

Just as Nody said. Also, i have found that when this happens to me(only happened once or twice) the wages for a couple of weeks/months(depending on your wage frequency) after you pay lower amount of tax on so it actually balances itself out in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

did you pay less tax on that week ?

Advertisement