Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hauppauge HD PVR 2

• 28-09-2012 1:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just ordered a HD PVR2. It has a 1080p passthrough which has been eluding me in a portable device for a while now.

Anyone else got one?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Got the new HD PVR 2, it's awesome!

Finally a solution to the 1080p downscaling problem I was having as it supports 1080p pass through and an absolute dream to get get running (as was the PVR 1)- literally the only advantage the BM shuttle has over it is the multiple outputs, but seeing as component seems to be slowly dying I don't think many other than I will miss it. It's requirements are pretty low, the quality is high, the pass through is lagless, it's the best piece of recording kit I've gotten so far. It even works with xsplit as a game source despite not being tested by them yet, I assume because the software is the same as the PVR 1.

BM really need to get their finger out, there's simply no reason for someone using a PVR as a cap device to touch their stuff now, and they like to think they're high end. So what if the shuttle records uncompressed? I think I used that once.

Also amazingly, I got this way cheaper than the pvr1 cost- because komplett are stocking it, there was no delivery.

The final amazing thing is it looks like the love child of an xbox and a cylon. Seriously.

Advertisement