Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Bar near the crane lane

Options
  • 28-09-2012 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Whats the name of the winebar near the crane lane and whats it like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Whats the name of the winebar near the crane lane and whats it like

Arthur Maynes. It's nice but not as nice as Meades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It's called Mayne's and it's very nice. Have only been there for lunch but have enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is it expensive, what kinda prices for a tasters set and some tapas

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

its nice in there but oh my god some of the clientele are just so nobby and pretentious. I love a glass/ bottle of wine and its quite intimate and cosy there. The novelty of the prescription card and self filling ur glass is just that though.... its no different to the "pour ur own pint" idea.... Its a nice spot really but u would want to be easily impressed to be raving about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Went there the week before last. Very nicely kitted out. Pretentious wine buffs galore though. We could only get seats down the back but by about 10.30 they had the music up way too loud and people were spilling in from the Crane Lane so it wasn't great - we went there for a quiet night out. On top of that it's very expensive. Nice wine, but most were about 7-8 euro a glass (and not a massive glass either). A good place to go for 1 drink before dinner...just make sure you don't get hit for a big round!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

A nice spot but I agree about the clientele,it seems to draw a very snooty kind of crowd.

Advertisement