Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG BIRD !!!!!!!

Options
  • 28-09-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,this ones for any of you bird watchers out there.Yesterday while driving out of Kilkenny on the Waterford road just out past the rugby club,I saw an unusual bird flying across the road and landing in a big tree.I know it was some sort of bird of prey but I was only familiar with 2 types,the sparrow hawk and the kestrel,but this bird was significantly bigger.Today,going beck into town,around the same area,I saw this bird again,this time at height and being harried by a couple of jackdaws.In comparison,this bird was twice the size of them.Any ideas as to what it is? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Hi guys,this ones for any of you bird watchers out there.Yesterday while driving out of Kilkenny on the Waterford road just out past the rugby club,I saw an unusual bird flying across the road and landing in a big tree.I know it was some sort of bird of prey but I was only familiar with 2 types,the sparrow hawk and the kestrel,but this bird was significantly bigger.Today,going beck into town,around the same area,I saw this bird again,this time at height and being harried by a couple of jackdaws.In comparison,this bird was twice the size of them.Any ideas as to what it is? Cheers.

Was he yellow with a big beak? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Take a look at the section on "Hawks, kites and eagles" or Falcons in Wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Heard rumours of such a bird on the Outrath Road.I even brought the camera a couple of times, have yet to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Take a look at the section on "Hawks, kites and eagles" or Falcons in Wikipedia
    KK4SAM wrote: »
    Heard rumours of such a bird on the Outrath Road.I even brought the camera a couple of times, have yet to see it.
    @KK4SAM-You can take it as fact and not rumour
    @Fries-With-That;I took a look and suspect you may be right

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Buzzard.

Advertisement