Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Earpods

• 28-09-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Just picked up my iPhone 5 at lunch time. Lets leave how amazing it is to another thread!

The earpods are amazing, the best earphones I've used apart from custom moulded in ear monitors that are >€500. I imagine the carry case could be quite useful, however I can't work out how to rewind them back into the case....any one else that's used them worked it out yet?!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I only posted in the other thread, im not that impressed with them. the right one wont stay in my ear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

From all the other forums its seems like if they fit, they're amazing, but if they don't they're awful and uncomfortable. It's ridiculously hard to make ear phones that fit everyone or the majority of people well. For me they work great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Happy enough with them. The new clicker is much better.

I just hope they last a bit longer than the old headphones which only lasted me 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Does anyone find that the remote clicker on the cord on Apple earphones is very flakey to say the least? I have a few pairs of Apple earphones now and the clicker doesn't work on any of them! Apple are sending me out a replacement pair for the most recently broken set.

I'm thinking it's something to do with my usage of them in the gym? Sweaty hands, moisture getting into them maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

screw the earpods the only thing i want them to do is to not to leak sound.

it's awful listening to other people's music on the bus.

do the earpods leak sound as badly as the other earphones apple have produced in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Had them for a week, for included headphones they're really good. But they don't seal, and they're a little too bass heavy (probably to make up for the lack of a seal) so they won't be replacing my Shure's any time soon.

Had them for a week, for included headphones they're really good. But they don't seal, and they're a little too bass heavy (probably to make up for the lack of a seal) so they won't be replacing my Shure's any time soon.

theyre not supposed to make a seal, they arent "in ear" per se, they should just sit in your ear, but allow air movement to make the sound better.

i found them a bit bass heavy but just change the eq i had it set at and its perfect now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm really looking forward to these. The overly bassy sound actually appeals to me too. I never found the old ones that uncomfortable unless I wore them for long periods. But they're getting good reviews.

I ordered a few extra cables and a pair of these so ill get them before my new iPhone hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    theyre not supposed to make a seal, they arent "in ear" per se, they should just sit in your ear, but allow air movement to make the sound better.

i found them a bit bass heavy but just change the eq i had it set at and its perfect now.

I know they're not supposed to seal, but I just can't get on with regular headphones any more. I need the noise isolation, so I don't have to hear idiots on the bus!

I know they're not supposed to seal, but I just can't get on with regular headphones any more. I need the noise isolation, so I don't have to hear idiots on the bus!

Yeah I get you on that. From my short testing of them you seem to be able to keep the volume quite low, so noise leaking shouldn't be a problem, in theory. Then again, last time I was on a bus the knackers down the back weren't even using earphones....

For anyone wondering how to repackage your ear pods to keep em safe!

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=2272#/watch?v=w7yuonn-P88&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw7yuonn-P88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Yep, noticeable improvement for me. More bass which is all most people want. Also feel a bit more secure in my ears so i must have 'normal' ears as they appear to work as intended. Won't replace a ridiculously expensive set of headphones but if i were stuck with these on a long flight or journey I wouldn't be too upset.

Advertisement