Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westport road

Options
  • 28-09-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

good to see the council wasting money. .
    taring a road that was perfectly fine. . .

and no money for hedges. .

who the hell makes these decissions

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

good to see the council wasting money. .
    taring a road that was perfectly fine. . .

and no money for hedges. .

who the hell makes these decissions

The surface was well well worn. It was resurfaced either side of that patch but had to be done as it was bald in spots and held too much water.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

do you actual think it needed tarring?

i drive it twice a day and not alone would hedges in mayo be more of a priority, but that patch didnt need taring, worn, yes, but smooth, do westport roads require a shiny coat every 2 yrs regardless of roughness or not?. . . seems to me it does. . . pot holes or bouncing bumps should determine if it needs taring.

Ballinrobe road from wesport, claremorris rd from balla, foxford from ballyvary. . . . some spots ud be bounced off the road.

why are the hedges around castlebar/westport etc not cut? you drive to charlestown and they have them cut, ive been in dublin, galway, Donegal, kildare, and wexford in the last month, and we are a laughing stock. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i drive it twice a day and not alone would hedges in mayo be more of a priority, but that patch didnt need taring, worn, yes, but smooth, do westport roads require a shiny coat every 2 yrs regardless of roughness or not?. . . seems to me it does. . . pot holes or bouncing bumps should determine if it needs taring.

Ballinrobe road from wesport, claremorris rd from balla, foxford from ballyvary. . . . some spots ud be bounced off the road.

why are the hedges around castlebar/westport etc not cut? you drive to charlestown and they have them cut, ive been in dublin, galway, Donegal, kildare, and wexford in the last month, and we are a laughing stock. . .

the westport rd is a National route and funding comes from the NRA,its nothing to do with mayo co co budget.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Over hedges...... ok.

Think Westport is having the last laugh to be honest, best town to live it, the greenway etc etc etc. I can't see too many waking up screaming about hedges.

Have a read of the papers and I think the state of the hedges should spiral down the queue of your priorities.

Have a look at the cycle we did last weekend and what we did it for, thats what you call a real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I use the Castlebar - Westport road quite regularly - frankly it's too narrow for the amount of traffic it gets - I'd hate to be a cyclist or pedestrian trying to use it. Why the road hasn't been widened I don't know. To my mind it's insane to call it a 'national' road given that it's slightly wider than a cart track.

SD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

StudentDad wrote: »
    I use the Castlebar - Westport road quite regularly - frankly it's too narrow for the amount of traffic it gets - I'd hate to be a cyclist or pedestrian trying to use it. Why the road hasn't been widened I don't know. To my mind it's insane to call it a 'national' road given that it's slightly wider than a cart track.

SD

they are supposed to building a new road but dont hold your breath on that one.

Advertisement