Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to the Future

• 28-09-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Heading to the UK at the weekend and I have been informed that I shall be required to dress "smartly" - wear a shirt and formal shoes to get into the night club we're going to.

Now - I suit and boot every day in work (quite well I might add).

But I view my weekends as casual time and going out as ....'nice' casual. Nice tshirts, casual shirts, nice pair of jeans, pair of cons etc.

The thought of having to wear a shirt and shoes out - well, I haven't done that in fifteen plus years (I know, that sounds sad to most). Plus since we had a baby just over a year ago, let's just say going out attire hasn't been top of the list.

I have an hour after work today to find suitable garments in the Grafton street area.

So - any advice? When I think shirt and shoes I'm transported back to trying to get into a nightclub at the age of 17.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

quad_red wrote: »
    Heading to the UK at the weekend and I have been informed that I shall be required to dress "smartly" - wear a shirt and formal shoes to get into the night club we're going to.

Now - I suit and boot every day in work (quite well I might add).

But I view my weekends as casual time and going out as ....'nice' casual. Nice tshirts, casual shirts, nice pair of jeans, pair of cons etc.

The thought of having to wear a shirt and shoes out - well, I haven't done that in fifteen plus years (I know, that sounds sad to most). Plus since we had a baby just over a year ago, let's just say going out attire hasn't been top of the list.

I have an hour after work today to find suitable garments in the Grafton street area.

So - any advice? When I think shirt and shoes I'm transported back to trying to get into a nightclub at the age of 17.

Why don't you ask one of your close female friends what to wear???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

superblu wrote: »
    Why don't you ask one of your close female friends what to wear???

Aha. You're the upset party from the thread about guys/girls being friends.

Was wondering wtf you were talking about! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please don't drag issues from another forum in here thanks.

Superblu: The OP is looking for advice here on this forum, please try and post helpfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Twee. wrote: »
    Please don't drag issues from another forum in here thanks.

Superblu: The OP is looking for advice here on this forum, please try and post helpfully.

Sorry Twee. Ye can lock this thread if ye like, got sorted with stuff in the UK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement