Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering a gaming rig next week, lil help picking out the parts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Case seems a bit pricey? But aside from that swap the Disc Drive for this. Practically the same and a few euro cheaper.
    Theres plenty of nice cases on HWVS, you would easily get one for less than €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

If you want a decent cheap case, you could go with the Bitfenix Shinobi.

You'd be better off getting the newer i5 3570k than the older generation 2500k.

That gfx card is out of stock at the moment but theres plenty of alternatives there. And you could save yourself a fiver by getting a different dvd-rw drive, they're all the same in my opinion.

I'd recommend getting an SSD too if you can fit it in your budget, even just a 64GB one for windows and two or three games.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

If you want a decent cheap case, you could go with the Bitfenix Shinobi.

You'd be better off getting the newer i5 3570k than the older generation 2500k.

That gfx card is out of stock at the moment but theres plenty of alternatives there. And you could save yourself a fiver by getting a different dvd-rw drive, they're all the same in my opinion.

I'd recommend getting an SSD too if you can fit it in your budget, even just a 64GB one for windows and two or three games.

Yeah I'm gonna grab an ssd, forgot about that. Switched the cases. I was in a big discussion with someone about the 3570k vs the 2500k and they said that there really isn't a HUGE difference, and that the 3570 will run much hotter than the 2500.

What gfx card would you recommend?

EDIT: Changed out the gfx card, and added in an SSD, how's this looking?

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€28.04
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€86.09
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.16
    Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint HD204UI 2TB SATA II|€99.99
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€198.78
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€54.95
    Samsung SH-222BB schwarz|€16.83
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, full retail|€309.00
    SanDisk SSD 64GB 6,4cm S-ATA 600|€49.99
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€904.82

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

500R is a great case, should be around 100eu.

i worked on bitfenix case yesterday and it was decent enough case. for that money it was good, but i would still spend extra and get 500R instead.

Its a bitch to install 8pin mobo psu cable in bitfenix if you got aftermarket cooler slaped on.

Yeah I'll look into it! You're saying that the cooler will be a headwreck to install on the Bitfenix?

• Advertisement

GWNiall wrote: »
    Yeah I'll look into it! You're saying that the cooler will be a headwreck to install on the Bitfenix?

aftermarket air coolers are almost always pain in a hole, though some better, some worse. my corsair a70 was a wee bit pain in a hole, but it wasnt too bad, wheres mugen 3 was a fecking a bastard on its own league!

Its not much of a problem, but annoying thing. you see amazons 8pin mobo psu cable is short bastard with very stiff cable. and when you got your mobo placed inside of case with a huge feck off cooler on it, it will be a proper pain in a hole to connect that 8 pin on top of the mobo.
    With 500R case it was piss easy, because the top of the case opens up and you can shove your hand inside of case and connect that cable. in bitfenix its a solid construction. so just get someone with small hands to connect that 8pin.

like i said, its not much of a bad thing, its just annoying thing. other then that bitfenix is a very good case for the price.

I've switched out the 2500k for the 3570k, and would like a little help picking out a fan. Also, would the Fractal R4 be a good case to choose for this setup? I really like the look of it and it's well priced.

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€28.04
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€86.09
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.16
    Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint HD204UI 2TB SATA II|€99.99
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€54.95
    Samsung SH-222BB schwarz|€16.83
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, full retail|€309.00
    SanDisk SSD 64GB 6,4cm S-ATA 600|€49.99
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€210.11
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€916.15

I hope to order tomorrow night, would just like a little help last minute guys, please and thanks.

Niall

Please anyone? Also, I'm going to be paying via Bank order off 365 BOI, where does the intended purpose code go? Reason for payment or Message on payee statement? I'm assuming reason for payment would be what BOI sees so it'd make more sense for it to be on Message on payee statement but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks guys,

Niall

PS, please reply :(

I built a system in bitfenix case last week and I have to say I was really impressed with that case. For that money - you can't get wrong.

I would suggest you taking crucial m4 or swung 128gb as your ssd drive though.

What fan you talking about m8? The CPU cooler or extras?

I had to give a hand to install mugen 3 CPU fan, which a proper pain in my hole. Good fan though.

edit: bump up that PSU to 550w. should make it a bit less stresfull to push that overclock button.

• Advertisement

I built a system in bitfenix case last week and I have to say I was really impressed with that case. For that money - you can't get wrong.

I would suggest you taking crucial m4 or swung 128gb as your ssd drive though.

What fan you talking about m8? The CPU cooler or extras?

I had to give a hand to install mugen 3 CPU fan, which a proper pain in my hole. Good fan though.

edit: bump up that PSU to 550w. should make it a bit less stresfull to push that overclock button.

The R4 has 2 case mount fans. Do you think I'd need extra fans or would that suffice for the mean time?

What do you think of that build in general? I'm hoping to order it in 24hours... XD excited

Advertisement