Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get rid of something in Google rankings? cont...

Options
  • 28-09-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,

so my problem is that my website has just gone live however it was parked for ages on my developers site while I was modifying it. Now the developers site is way above the real website on the google rankings with the wrong domain!

I also had the site allocated to an incorrrect domain name that I changed, however the incorrect name still appears.

How to remove both incorrect entries from google ? or do I have to just ride it out until my actual website on the correct domain becomes more popular?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Have the developer 1) remove the dev site and 2) create 301 redirects to the live site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

and if you still have access to the incorrect domain name (which is a bit confusing!) put a 301 on that as well. Sooner or later the incorrect and dev site will disappear.

Advertisement