Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lap, dye and hysteroscopy

Options
  • 28-09-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all going for this procodure next week. Have read up about it online and there have been varying reviews about healing time and if there is much pain etc afterwards. Has anyone here had these done, and what was healing time/ pain levels. I have been told because of my job(invovles lifting) that I will have to take 2 weeks off work, which I don't really want to have to do.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi
    I had this done in June, and I have to say that if you are lifting you will have to take the 2 weeks. I needed that to be able to walk my dogs for 30 minutes and they don't pull!!

I was don't have any real reaction to the anaesthetic but was very tired for about 5 days and was off the heavy drugs within about 3 days. My job entails a lot of sitting so I was back in the office in 5 days, but I don't have ANY lifting at all.

I am down for another one, with a diff surgeon, in November and he is telling me 3 weeks, I'm hoping only 1 cause I have no holidays left and have to take it with no pay. :(

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I had this done july 2011,if your job involves heavy lifting you'll need the 2weeks.Pain wise i thought i was grand until i got into the car going home,movement of the car left me in severe pain,something to do with the gas trapped in your body having nowhere to go.You will need to just rest after it so the least you have to do the better,my advice would be to take the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flopflips

Hi, Im not sure If im too late for a reply for you. I had one done last Tuesday 25th Sept. I was off the painkillers by Friday, but still not 100% until today. I definately still would not be doing any heavy lifting though.
    The op itself was fine, I was in Mt Carmel and everyone was lovely, they found a choc cyst, but no endo so Im hoping this will help us. Been trying for 4 years now...
    Just a question for you ladies also that have been through it. How quickly did you start TTC again after? I was on day 5 when had the op, and am about to ovulate this week. But thinking I should let my body recover first? Dont have my consult for another six weeks.
    If this was too late, hope it all went well, take it easy and mind yourself xxx

flopflips wrote: »
    Hi, Im not sure If im too late for a reply for you. I had one done last Tuesday 25th Sept. I was off the painkillers by Friday, but still not 100% until today. I definately still would not be doing any heavy lifting though.
    The op itself was fine, I was in Mt Carmel and everyone was lovely, they found a choc cyst, but no endo so Im hoping this will help us. Been trying for 4 years now...
    Just a question for you ladies also that have been through it. How quickly did you start TTC again after? I was on day 5 when had the op, and am about to ovulate this week. But thinking I should let my body recover first? Dont have my consult for another six weeks.
    If this was too late, hope it all went well, take it easy and mind yourself xxx

I asked my doc when i had it done cos i was similar to you in cycle days,he said whenever you feel up to it!still no luck tho,ivf is our next step.

Thanks Bobskii, I think I may just give my body a break this month. But I keep thinking, what if it grows back. I have lowish AMH and am thinking I may push for IVF with our next appointment. Im just so sick of it all now, I know they recommend six months trying on our own first, but im just not convinced that the cyst was our problem. Looking forward to consult with doc. I have a long list of questions for him!!
    If you dont mind me asking, what did they find when you had one? Did you have endo? Good luck moving onto IVF, are you looking to do it soon?

• Advertisement

If you think you need a wee break then take one,if its gonna grow back its going to anyway so there isn't anything you can do to change that.How long are you trying?They found some mild endo,i'm the same as you im not convinced that's the problem,they put me on clonmid didn't work then referred us for ivf,unexplained infertility!!We have an appointment in the Hari for February but i want to push on with it privately as i don't see the point in waiting any longer!

We have been trying for 4years now, we have been to Rotunda (public) for last year (after taking a year to get the appointment!!) I got so disheartened with them, they just put me on clomid without any tests, all my bloods were well over a year old and they didnt test them again. So in July I went back again, they wanted me to go on clomid again, I said no way as they were not trying to find the problem (plus it was sending me a little mad)!!
    We then rang and booked in with SIMS, omg the difference, I know we are paying for it, but it is ridiculous, they had my amh tested, and the SIS which spotted the endometrium, and referred me straight to Mt Carmel. Im hoping this sorts me out...

Same as us so!!Yeh the clomid did the same to me,at our last appointment i refused to go on it again,had been on it for 9 months and it nearly sent me mad!!Making babies wasn't gonna happen when my mood's were all over the place dh taking the brunt of it!!I want to try Clane or SIMS it came reccommended by my gp,i know im going to need all my blood's done again and i just want to get things moving again,i'm not getting any younger!I'll be aying for it eitherways so i don't see the point in waiting!If one more person says relax and it will happen(my gp and doc) i will scream!

Well I would definitely recommend sims so far. I know what you mean about the relax thing!! At the start we were relaxed!! Infact I stayed relaxed for about two years!! Which I thought was pretty good going!! I just can't think of anything else at the min!!
    Orchidspretty - did you have your lap yet? Hope you are doing well xx

I was like that for about 6 months after i had my lap and dye,i was relaxed before that and im the same now,it's just something we can't control so im not gonna stress over it,sayin that i do just want to get to the next step cos i think as it stands time is being wasted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Had my lap and dye yesterday. U fortunately it was bad news as both my tubes are blocked and I have leisons of which they were able to remove some. I have to ring on monday for the post op appointment as I was a bit too emotional to talk through it with the doctor. Will ivf be the only avenue now I wonder or is there other options?
    Anyone have any success stories from blockec tubes?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Get as much info photos as you can and book a second opinion with Dr Alazzam out of the Galway Clinic. We were told the same in June but now he has us booked in for end of Nov where he expects to open at least one if not both tubes. Worth the €200 to be sure and he is meant to be the best.
    This is all very hard so big hugs

It's hard to hear news like that straight away coming out of your procedure but as Barbiegirl says get a second opinion and some information on what to do next,you've found your problem now it's a matter of finding your solution x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi orchidspretty, you get to talk to your doctor again? xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

stickybean wrote: »
    Hi orchidspretty, you get to talk to your doctor again? xxx

Not yet! The Doctor is going on holidays so have to wait until the begining of November. Its going to be the longest three weeks ever, but just trying to put it out my mind and keep away from google:) until then.

Advertisement