Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contract

• 28-09-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Should you get a contract for PRPT hrs? I was under then impression you are but haven't heard of anything yet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

what type of school are you working in? In my school (VEC) last year I didn't get a contract until I resat an interview at the end of October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

In my experience VECs don't send out contracts until beginning of November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

In my experience VECs don't send out contracts until beginning of November.

They could be waiting for the post to be sanctioned. In any case in the absence of a written contract one is assumed after a period - need to check how long - so it is in the interests of the employer to provide the contract.

Once you are getting paid that is the main thing at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

what type of school are you working in? In my school (VEC) last year I didn't get a contract until I resat an interview at the end of October
    Yeah it's a VEC

What kind of interview? A proper formal with a panel?
    bdoo wrote: »
    They could be waiting for the post to be sanctioned. In any case in the absence of a written contract one is assumed after a period - need to check how long - so it is in the interests of the employer to provide the contract.

Once you are getting paid that is the main thing at the minute.

got paid alright so i'l just keep waiting so!

I was interviewed by just the principal and deputy principal during the summer for what was advertised as an RPT post. I had to do the post as a temp teacher until October when I was re-interviewed for a panel of three from the VEC (literally in between classes!)

• Advertisement

So it is nearly Christmas and still no sign of a contract! Tbh I have been too busy to think about it but I heard that I should have it by now. All new appointees in the school haven't got a contract yet either.

Did you have interviews? You should have had a contract by nov 1st rpt I'm fairly sure otherwise you won't get paid for the summer?? You really should have followed up on this before now...

Did you have interviews? You should have had a contract by nov 1st rpt I'm fairly sure otherwise you won't get paid for the summer?? You really should have followed up on this before now...

Do you mean another interview since u started? Then no. Just the original interview over the summer! Another staff member mentioned they didn't get theirs till Easter last year. Should I speak to the principal or go directly to te vec ?

That's really strange, I thought out vec was bad holding the official interviews just before Halloween never mind after christmas.
    Maybe it's normal in your school but it seems very unusual?

Just after receiving my contract now......at Easter!!!!!!

Anyways just wondering about the phrases used. It says that I am on 12 hrs PRPT contract but that all of these hours are 'a specific purpose contract' and will be objective grounds for not counting towards a CID. Does this mean they could count towards one if needed or is it really just a clause to screw you over in your 4th year?

I am a bit disappointed as I was under the impression these hours were 'my own'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Just after receiving my contract now......at Easter!!!!!!

Anyways just wondering about the phrases used. It says that I am on 12 hrs PRPT contract but that all of these hours are 'a specific purpose contract' and will be objective grounds for not counting towards a CID. Does this mean they could count towards one if needed or is it really just a clause to screw you over in your 4th year?

I am a bit disappointed as I was under the impression these hours were 'my own'.

The objective ground only comes into play in year four really, id imagine that the,VEC has decided to include it in all contracts to cover asses.

This is still year one with the employer regardless so as other hours come up etc your contract may improve.

Advertisement