Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing baby to Dentist

• 28-09-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭

My son is 15 months old and has 9 teeth......should I be bringing him to the dentist yet? vWhat have other people done.....Should I just wait until he has all his teeth first?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I asked my dentist this and he said around 3 years for the first visit. He also said to bring him along for my visits beforehand so he gets used to the idea of a dentist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

How Strange is spot on.

Our little girl (22 months) went for her first dentist's visit this morning with her Mummy but it's really only for familiarisation at this point.

While she was there she did let the dentist have a look at her lower teeth but that was as far as she was willing to co-operate.

We had been telling about the visit for the last couple of days so that it wasn't too much of a shock for her to be brought to a complete stranger who wants to stick his hand in her mouth !!

Additionally, YouTube is great for this sort of thing. I searched for kiddie cartoons and animations of visits to the dentist to help her understand what we were talking about.

She'll go again in about six months time. Maybe she'll let him see her upper teeth then :)

Advertisement