Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fields of Athenry 10Km - 26th December 2012 - 11am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

aburke wrote: »

Orange never wins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Bloody hell lads get voting asap, we're in danger of ending up running around the country wearing pink.......men have died for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Orange never wins :(

There was an Orange hat at the 2010 race. I didn't like it though, loved the navy hat we got last year. :)

tunguska wrote: »
    Bloody hell lads get voting asap, we're in danger of ending up running around the country wearing pink.......men have died for less.

Green is making a strong comeback. From 30 to 35 votes in the last 15 mins.
    I'm saying nothing. 54.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Thinking of giving this a go.. Whats the course like regarding hills/scenery/atmosphere?? Anyone done it before who can comment??

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Thinking of giving this a go.. Whats the course like regarding hills/scenery/atmosphere?? Anyone done it before who can comment??
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1287018
    Course elevation here.
    As for scenery - you're running around THE fields of Athenry, so that can't be beat.
    And the finish line is a 1000 year old medieval arch.

It's not quite Berlin or London in terms of atmosphere, but there should be a good crowd in the town all the same.
    Sample some of the atmosphere in this video.
    http://10km.athenryac.com/2011/video.html

Didn't really need much to convince me :) Something to look forward too anyhow besides mince pies :)

Entry goes up to full price [€20] from Dec 1st.

This year's hat will be green.
    http://www.athenryac.com/green-envy
    The pink lobby is getting stronger ever year though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Oooh close one. When I checked this morning Green was only up by 1 vote from Pink. Looking forward to this run now :).

42.gif
    Phew, that was close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

OK, I'm in.
    Logistics have contrived to prevent me from making it to the start line of this race before, looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

So it looks as if there are less than 200 places to fill for this years FoA 10K and at the rate they are coming in then we are going to have a full house.

Race entry will close at midnight on 23rd December and there will be absolutely no entries on the day.

Iain

To allow us time to prepare final entries we have changed the time of closure from midnight to 5pm on 23rd December.

..and just to re-iterate - NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY AT ALL

To allow us time to prepare final entries we have changed the time of closure from midnight to 5pm on 23rd December.

..and just to re-iterate - NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY AT ALL

Cheers Iain.
    From what I gather from the video and course map, registration is in the PCA Hall, the Start line is where the National Half Marathon finished and does the same loop as we did twice in the National Half but anti-clockwise and finishes under the Arch near the entrance to PCA. Will PCA and the Tec be open for parking and marshalled like previously ?

I think I can answer YES to every question you put there.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

Lovely weather for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Well that was a fun swim

A big thank you to all the organisers and marshalls stood out in the pouring rain, unfortunately the one thing you can't organise is the weather :D.

An enjoyable run once you accepted the conditions, relieved to get back to PCA for coffee and biscuits afterwards.

Was great to see pacers as well, tried to keep up with them but fell back and didn't see them again.

• Advertisement

That was, errrr, interesting. When I did the course inspection at 8am this morning there was a lovely dry line through the entire course. Didn't anticipate, even after reading 10 different weather reports that we would need to build a bloody ark by midday and have a first swimmer home category. Congratulations to all that ran in those conditions - there were well over a 1000 of you and you were all the true stars of the day.

Our good friends Rory and Peter Mooney (and their father) have already uploaded photographs of the race - thank you lads.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157632343684441/

Keep an eye on www.athenryac.com for the results to be published.

Iain

Really enjoyable race :) Everything that organisers could control was A1. Plenty of tae and biccies back at the hall as well :) Well done to all who helped run a great event and a thumbs up to the pacers which I found very useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭seanin4711

how did Slime green win the vote can anyone tell me?
    best 10km steeplechase in the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Some difference in the weather in 24 hours. have to say that despite the rain and the multiple water jumps I enjoyed the steeplechase.
    Thanks to Athenry club and all the stewards for helping out in those conditions.

Advertisement