Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loadrunner measure response size

Options
  • 28-09-2012 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to measure the size of an XML response with LoadRunner.

The response is broken up into chunks, as can be seen from the debug log:
    t=10082ms: 12288-byte DECODED response body for <insert url here>

So I need to add the size of all these chunks together in order to get the size of the response.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how I can get the values - I only see it output during debug mode. I thought perhaps web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_SIZE) would work but that's not it, unfortunately. That gives a different value altogether, often 10 times smaller than the actual data returned.

Using web_reg_save_param() also fails because the value isn't in the actual data returned.

Any ideas? Google is failing me, as is the Help which comes with LoadRunner. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It looks like the value returned by web_get_int_property is the size in bytes of the data encoded.

I need the decoded size. Researching a bit more...

Advertisement