Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Installation Quires

• 28-09-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I'm not sure exactly where to put this so I'll just leave it here.

I recently moved into a new apartment and it's been left up to me to decide on the new internet plan. The internet here before me was 3BroadbandPro and I am reluctant to take out the plan again because the 60gbs is just not enough and they always seems to end up going nearly triple over the plan's price. Seeing as they're still living here and I am a heavy user, I decided UPC was the best for us. I am just worried about the installation as the apartment needs to have all the cables and the outlet box installed. However, I have no access to any room but my own, there is no attic or basement, the kitchen doesn't have a window, the apartment has no sitting room and there is another apartment above and below me. ): There should be no problem drilling holes as there is already an old eircom box and wire going out through my window. I imagine that in my case there is an installation fee as well as the €45 once off charge but how much is it? Also, is there a charge for an unsuccessful installation? I am unsure about splashing out on all that money just to be told that they need more access than I can give them to install.

I was just wondering if anyone in my same position could give me their experience on how it went for them and if it was possible to do the install with only the access I have?

Thanks. (:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there an analogue tv point in the house. Have you established that service is available

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Umbreal

There doesn't appear to be an analogue tv point in the house. I can't find one and no one in the house appears to have a tv. I haven't established the service is available as I was told they wouldn't be able to until 72 hours after placing my order.

You need to figure out if they service your address first. Do you know if any of the other flats have service?

I imagine they have to come out to check the service or? I have no experience with this sort of thing. ): None of the other apartments in this building have UPC, they have Imagine. However I can pick up quite strong UPC signals from other flats so I've been hoping they service here.

If everyone has imagine, then something's up.

• Advertisement

Well, I'm not sure about upstairs, I don't even know if they have any. I was on Imagine's website but they don't seem to do any broadband outside of phone packages.

Your neighbours might be using WiMAX

I might look into WiMAX then. I take it that it's just a matter of ringing Imagine up about it seeing as they have nothing on their website about any sort of out of phone + broadband bundle broadband?

Talk to your neighbours and see what they have and how they find it. Call UPC and figure out if its even possible to get service

Advertisement