Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rf key fob hkc 1070

Options
  • 28-09-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi lads. regarding the key fob . does the red button i.e the panic button only send a duress call threw the communicator(silent alarm) or can it be used to set off the sounder also. i got one there but it sets off the silent alarm but not the sounder itself when pressed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Change it in the keyfob menu. It's factory set to silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

flantastic wrote: »
    hi lads. regarding the key fob . does the red button i.e the panic button only send a duress call threw the communicator(silent alarm) or can it be used to set off the sounder also. i got one there but it sets off the silent alarm but not the sounder itself when pressed

Thats correct,

What you need to do is go into the keyfob options in RF devices menu to disable the silent duress.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 grayman

Hey guys. Can anyone help me. I installed a quantum on a mates house today and it came with the key fob. It's working fine but the one thing is when I press the red panic I don't get a duress notification on the hkc app I've tried every thing. Am I missing a trick here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

grayman wrote: »
    Hey guys. Can anyone help me. I installed a quantum on a mates house today and it came with the key fob. It's working fine but the one thing is when I press the red panic I don't get a duress notification on the hkc app I've tried every thing. Am I missing a trick here?

Is it enrolled onto the system and how long did you press the button for?
    Are you a registered installer?

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Is it enrolled onto the system and how long did you press the button for?
    Are you a registered installer?

Yes it's on the system. As I said it works fine. When panic is pressed it sets off the alarm like it should.. My question was.. It won't send a push to the HKC app for duress.

My reason for asking you if you were a registered installer is that in order to get the HKC app up and running you have to go online to the HKC Web site and to do this you have to be recognised by them.
    Otherwise it is impossible

My reason for asking you if you were a registered installer is that in order to get the HKC app up and running you have to go online to the HKC Web site and to do this you have to be recognised by them.
    Otherwise it is impossible

Sorry. Yeah it's all set up on the HKC webside and the app is on the phone. When the alarm goes off it sends a notification to the app.. Anyway I'm sure u know how the app works.. The only thing that doesn't work is a duress doesn't come through on the app. I even tried this on my own system and still nothing. Although if I open the app and go into log it shows duress. The whole point of the panic button is to send a notification. Anyway I will ring the lads in HKC tech. They will have the answer.

Sorry. Yeah it's all set up on the HKC webside and the app is on the phone. When the alarm goes off it sends a notification to the app.. Anyway I'm sure u know how the app works.. The only thing that doesn't work is a duress doesn't come through on the app. I even tried this on my own system and still nothing. Although if I open the app and go into log it shows duress. The whole point of the panic button is to send a notification. Anyway I will ring the lads in HKC tech. They will have the answer.

It seems to me that you may have discovered a glitch, I haven't come across it so let us know what tech have to say.

It seems to me that you may have discovered a glitch, I haven't come across it so let us know what tech have to say.

Will do.. Only thing is they are closed until the 5th... Well for some.

• Advertisement

Will do.. Only thing is they are closed until the 5th... Well for some.

Well to be fair our own normal duty does not resume until then, it is only urgent service calls over the Christmas.
    To be fair to HKC, they are the only manufacturer I know that you can ring one of the lads on their mobiles late into the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

I have came across it before with a signet where it won't send an sms on a duress event. When I spoke to tech support on it they said it won't send an sms due the possibility that it could send an sms to the person under duress. The same thinking may apply to other manufacturers.

Advertisement