Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice - upgrading from Archos 605!!

• 28-09-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I currently use an Archos 605 in work to watch tv programmes during lunch. I feel it is time to upgrade but all I want to do is watch tv programmes. I dont need wifi, cameras, or any other stuff. I need around 30gb hard drive and a decent screen over 7". I dont want to spend more than €150.

Is my only option a cheap tablet, anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

branners69 wrote: »
    Hey,

I currently use an Archos 605 in work to watch tv programmes during lunch. I feel it is time to upgrade but all I want to do is watch tv programmes. I dont need wifi, cameras, or any other stuff. I need around 30gb hard drive and a decent screen over 7". I dont want to spend more than €150.

Is my only option a cheap tablet, anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

Branners

This caught my eye, as I still use a 605 for travelling.
    I've recently bought an Asus Transformer, which is out of your budget.
    Before I bought the Asus, I bought an Archos 70, which has a 7" screen and a 250GB HD. It also has a mini HDMI out and it might suit you down to the ground. It won't run the latest Android OS but it does the basics fine.
    HMV were doing a decent deal on it and it may be still available. I think i paid around £150 for it around six months ago.

Slightly cheeky, but PM me if you're interested in buying it off me as I don't really use it any more since I got the Asus. I really only used it to see if an Android would suit me.

Advertisement