Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Apple Stores

• 28-09-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with stock in the UK?

I have a good few friends in the UK who come home almost weekly and could just get them to buy me one over there if they're available.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Huntelaar wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with stock in the UK?

I have a good few friends in the UK who come home almost weekly and could just get them to buy me one over there if they're available.

At the moment you can't just go n and buy one, you have to reserve it online.

If they have any stock and if you are next in line they will email you back by 9pm on the day you made the reservation.

hen you have to pick iy up the next day, if you don't it goes to someone else.

You will need to keep trying everyday untill you get the email back that they have one..

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

So you apply online to reserve it and just hope they get stock in that day?

So you apply online to reserve it and just hope they get stock in that day?

Yep.

When you go to the online store it tells you what to do.

I went onto a link a guy posted the other day on here and it wouldn't allow me to select some things. Am I doing something wrong?

https://reserve.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone

I was on it between the specified hours but the 'choose a store' and 'choose a model' sections still looked faded like they are now. The rest of the page was fine.

I went onto a link a guy posted the other day on here and it wouldn't allow me to select some things. Am I doing something wrong?

https://reserve.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone

I was on it between the specified hours but the 'choose a store' and 'choose a model' sections still looked faded like they are now. The rest of the page was fine.

It says between 9am and 5pm daily, you'll have to try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I know but as I said, I've gone on it the last two days between the specified hours and still no joy.

Yep, i fail at reading comprehension. :o

Since it's after 5pm though, there is nothing that can be done about it for now.

I'll have another look tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Waiting for an email for Belfast store. No luck yesterday and 20 min left for today, heres hoping!

Guy in the apple store said they come in near enough bang on 9, fingers crossed!

Did you only book it today?

Did you only book it today?

Ye. I booked one yesterday and didnt get an email..
    When you book it, it says youll get an email by 9pm and if you dont then try again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I wonder are they running a quota - I was in Apple covent garden at lunchtime and they said they had two today and sold them before 11am - he wouldn't go into detai so either he was bull........ Or they hold some back

victoria square all uk apple stores not accepting reservations today due to limitted availability... wondering do I just bite the bullet and order from apple.ie and wait

alexlyons wrote: »
    victoria square all uk apple stores not accepting reservations today due to limitted availability... wondering do I just bite the bullet and order from apple.ie and wait

Looks like none of the UK stores are accepting reservations.

Wouldn't even give me the option to enter a store.

ye bit the bullet there, ordered black 32gb from apple.ie

gonna keep trying belfast and cancel that if I get one

still trying to reserve one, anyone had any luck getting an email from belfast recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jimmyjon

Three days this week I've tried to reserve one in the Belfast store and no email back, is it known yet when they become available on pre-pay in stores in the Republic?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jimmyjon wrote: »
    Three days this week I've tried to reserve one in the Belfast store and no email back, is it known yet when they become available on pre-pay in stores in the Republic?

I heard Meteor are due 300 units next week, all to be divided up between PAYG, Bill Pay Upgrades and New Connections. Then they will be divided by store.

Advertisement