Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voice for Turn by Turn Navigation on iOS 6 on iPhone 5

• 28-09-2012 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick question to anyone with an iPhone 5 or 4S.

On my iPhone 5 the voice of Siri is a man, while the voice used for Turn by Turn navigation is a woman.

While on my mates iPhone 4S, the voice of both Siri and the voice used for Turn by Turn navigation is the same male voice.

I have looked everywhere to try change the woman's voice to Siri's male voice, but to no avail.

Just wondering what voice you lads have for Siri and the navigation?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

You change Siri's voice from Male to Female by selecting the USA as your region in Siri settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

I really hate that. The UK male siri voice sounds horrible. I have the US female siri voice for normal siri use, but can't change the maps voice. Hope apple will let you change it in iOS 6.1 without changing your region... :(

EDIT:

I changed my language settings from British English to English and now the Siri maps voice has an irish accent ahaha. Wonder why it only works like that... Since when did siri get more accents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Skyflyer, you are an absolute Gent! That is if you are a man, or a star if you are a lady. It was wrecking my head. I changed it from English to British English, the voice on maps was wrecking my head. I actually prefer the male Siri voice.

Thanks a mill mate!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Skyflyer, you are an absolute Gent! That is if you are a man, or a star if you are a lady. It was wrecking my head. I changed it from English to British English, the voice on maps was wrecking my head. I actually prefer the male Siri voice.

Thanks a mill mate!! :)

No problem! :) I've no idea why you need to change your language settings in order to change the maps accent. A bug in iOS maybe? :confused:

Advertisement