Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is missing postman thread

Options
  • 28-09-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I was following a thread about the missing postman, links to it are now said to be invalid. has it been moved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

I just came back to post some more on it, suppose I better not untill we find out why the old one was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Its strange that it was removed.....I don't think anyone said anything on it that broke any rules of this site as such.
    I checked my Emails expecting an explanation of why it was removed, but all I got was links to what other people posted on it.

Usually if a Mod removed it, he/she would give some sort reason on why it was removed.

I would hold off eirator until some of the Mods see this tread and make some kind of comment. I sure they must check active topics on a daily basis.
    Maybe it happens from that posts get deleted from from time to time due to a software issue, and the only reason we notice this one is that we used to check or post on it.

I really dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

PM one of the mods of the forum, they'll fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

PM one of the mods of the forum, they'll fill you in.

Thanks for taking the trouble to inform us on how to find out what happened.
    I sent a PM one of the Mods.
    I asked him to look at this one, so it might be easier to understand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry folks. Its a bit hard for mods to post a thread explaining why it was removed, so we tend to reply via PM or respond to these threads when posted!

There was a legal threat in regards to some of its content and therefore the Community Managers removed it as they investigate it. That's as much as I know at the moment but if I get an update, ill let you know.

For the moment, until I know exactly what the complaint was on, I wont be leaving such threads open for discussion because I have no idea what part of the original thread caused upset so I don't want to cause any further upset to those who are unhappy. :)

Any further clarifications needed, please fire away with a PM!

Topic Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement