Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energy drinks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

it must be something, to be able to label it (vertigo ) would mean you are not insane,

and you sir clearly are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

As I was about to walk into a shop last week, these two kids pull me.
    These two little feckers want fags I tought to myself.
    Would you do us a favour, here is the money, can you get us a bottle of boost.:rolleyes:
    Whats the world coming to.

Can get arrested for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

One time at a party, we gave a can of this to a mate who doesn't drink/smoke after assuring him it wasn't alcoholic, he got the shakes, nearly vomited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭cml387

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Bud? Coors? Heineken?

They are brewed beers and not coloured fizzy water (except Bud).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

from wiki:

The caffeine content of most Monster Energy drinks is approximately 10 mg/oz (33.81 mg/100ml),[6][7] or 160 mg for a 16 oz can. The packaging usually contains a warning label advising consumers against drinking more than 48 oz per day (16 oz per day in Australia). The UK and Europe do not have these warning labels. The drinks are not recommended for children, pregnant women or people sensitive to caffeine.
    The ingredients include carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, taurine, sodium citrate, panax ginseng root extract, L-carnitine, caffeine, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, niacinamide, sodium chloride, glucuronolactone, inositol, guarana seed, pyridoxine, hydrochloride, sucralose, riboflavin, maltodextrin and cyanocobalamin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I drink at least half a dozen cans of red bull a day. It has absolutely no effect on me what so ever. Now where in Gods name did I leave my giraffe talking to the neighbours elephant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I drink at least half a dozen cans of red bull a day. It has absolutely no effect on me what so ever. Now where in Gods name did I leave my giraffe talking to the neighbours elephant..
    Same here, I'm posting this from the roof on my laptop- I plug it into me hole and the excess buzz keeps it going. Deadly stuff. Oh look, a bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Nah, not really. I drink 3 or 4 cans of this stuff a day. It's gorgeous if somewhat addictive! But it doesn't really affect me that way TBH.

Diabetes forum is that way >>>>>>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

OP, just stroke the furry wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Bud? Coors? Heineken?

And added chemical's too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

theres a seperate thread running on energy drinks as it happens. OP I had to lay off high caffeine energy drinks. Pounding headaches, head spinning etc, never had an issue with them until using a pre gym supplement full of caffeine. since then im sensitive to the stuff. it increases anxiety big time if you in any way suffer from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Enjoyable thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

If you think your head is bad wait until the heart palpitations kick in! Last time I had a can it was like the worlds greatest drum solo but inside my chest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

It's an energy drink. It's an energy drink. It's an energy drink. And it's good for you. And it's good for me. It's an energy drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

monster energy with vodka excellent start to a night of debaucery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

Don't drink red bull or energy drinks but the best thing to drink if u need a lift is coffee mixed with diet coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

I drink Mountain Dew from the €2 Shop, and I dont know why, because not only is it pure feckin poison, but it makes my heart go like this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Merged with earlier thread on energy drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

I only drink the odd can of Red Bull before an exam or if i'm driving on the motorway to keep myself from falling asleep at the wheel...

And I never drink more than one (rarely 2) small cans of Red Bull in a day if I ever drink it.

I rarely drink coffee or tea either. Wouldn't like to get addicted to caffeine...

No offence, but you shouldn't be near a motorway if you need an imbibed stimulant to stop you from falling asleep!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

don't drink them if you're hungover, they do weird stuff with the electrolytes and drain alot of water

I was drinking them all day once when I was hungover and got really faint with dehydration, couldn't piss for hours even after 3~ liters of water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I usually have a can of Power Thirst before the gym :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Prick! wrote: »
    Waiting for the "I don't know how anyone survived in the olden days without energy drinks" response.
    One word: coffee. Have a read of this, by Honore de Balzac, which describes just how insane they could get hundreds of years ago:
    Finally, I have discovered a horrible, rather brutal method that I recommend only to men of excessive vigor, men with thick black hair and skin covered with liver spots, men with big square hands and legs shaped like bowling pins. It is a question of using finely pulverized, dense coffee, cold and anhydrous, consumed on an empty stomach. This coffee falls into your stomach, a sack whose velvety interior is lined with tapestries of suckers and papillae. The coffee finds nothing else in the sack, and so it attacks these delicate and voluptuous linings; it acts like a food and demands digestive juices; it wrings and twists the stomach for these juices, appealing as a pythoness appeals to her god; it brutalizes these beautiful stomach linings as a wagon master abuses ponies; the plexus becomes inflamed; sparks shoot all the way up to the brain. From that moment on, everything becomes agitated. Ideas quick-march into motion like battalions of a grand army to its legendary fighting ground, and the battle rages. Memories charge in, bright flags on high; the cavalry of metaphor deploys with a magnificent gallop; the artillery of logic rushes up with clattering wagons and cartridges; on imagination's orders, sharpshooters sight and fire; forms and shapes and characters rear up; the paper is spread with ink - for the nightly labor begins and ends with torrents of this black water, as a battle opens and concludes with black powder.

I recommended this way of drinking coffee to a friend of mine, who absolutely wanted to finish a job promised for the next day: he thought he'd been poisoned and took to his bed, which he guarded like a married man. He was tall, blond, slender and had thinning hair; he apparently had a stomach of papier-mache. There has been, on my part, a failure of observation.
    Yeah, you can keep your expensive Monster or Red Bull: I prefer the Old School way. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Actually, I kid: I've nearly dropped caffeine altogether, now that I'm working full time. Firstly, I like the high, but I don't need the low, which has me wilting like a daffodil by mid-afternoon if I'm not careful. The other reason is that I'm Scottish and I normally talk too quickly for many Irish people to follow, so getting even more hyper is not a good idea in my job. :eek: I'm limiting myself to weak tea on work days.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

This is a bit embarrasing but I drink 12 500ml bottles of Lucozade per week, have had an addiction to it for about 2 yrs now(

I would seriously try and cut that down. If you look at the bottle it says it has 75% of your days sugar in it.

My friend has diabetes and if his levels are low he literally has a mouthful of lucozade to sort it out. So imagine what a full bottle does to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

yore wrote: »
    No offence, but you shouldn't be near a motorway if you need an imbibed stimulant to stop you from falling asleep!

:eek:

Well if you're on a long journey on a friday evening after a long hard day, you're a bit tired and motorways can be very monotonous and mind numbing. A can of Red Bull gives you that little kick which can help you maintain the concentration for the hour or two of the journey...

Advertisement