Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you don't ask, you don't get

Options
  • 28-09-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently applied for an amendment for my hmr as I didn't get the magic S when I got it. I put the form in three weeks ago and got a letter back from the local SI stating that he was not granting it. I called his office and spoke to him, and he said he didn't think it was appropriate to my needs but if I wanted to ,I could meet him to "state my case"! He seemed adamant that is wouldn't get it but I thought feck it, I'll chance my arm. Anyhoo, I met him yesterday and after a few minutes of explanations he said, "no bother, you seem to know what you're at" and granted it without any further questions. Fair play to him, he saved me the cost of a substitution or a separate licence. I was surprised as he's only here and few months and didn't know me from Adam,but was very understanding. For anyone who is iffy about meeting the PTB,just go in for a chat and you may be pleasantly surprised. I met him in the shop earlier this evening and when I said "evening superintendent xxxxxxxx" he said" ah sure we're on first name terms now, none of that":-):-):-) a bit of manners and cop on goes a long way of you do it right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

That is a very refreshing story:) He will remember you now too which is good, You will have to add him to your christmas card list.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

FairPlay to him a lot of them wouldn't even bother talking to you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

As it should be!!:cool:But in unfortunately many cases isnt.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

They're people too, and generally speaking if you show respect, you'll be shown respect in return

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

That goes both ways....
    However as one famous US general once said..Think it was Gen Patton or Mac Arthur??.."Senior rank is no sign of superior intelligence".:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement